Path of Exile dual video cards(LAPTOP)

I have the same problem (AMD CPU and AMD GPU).
It's not enought performance from integrated videocard to run this game.
How can I solve this problem?
same problem in my Asus laptop(gforce 630gtx) any solution?
tip form assteepee dont work :{
First, please don't necro threads in Technical Support. Create your own if you have issues. This thread is 4 years old!!!!

BTW, for future reference (even though the OP is probably not ever going to see this again) this is not "dual video cards", this is discrete graphics with embedded graphics, huge difference. You're on a laptop with a dedicated GPU, but because it's a laptop it also uses the embedded graphics in your CPU for low-power consumption when you're not playing games or using other GPU-accelerated software.

Now, when it comes to these sort of laptops you're always going to run into issues as the system fumbles around trying to switch to determine which graphics system has priority. Regardless of how far technology has advanced in this areas (both in hardware and software), I've never found that automatic switch to work correctly all the time.

Solutions, pick only one, in order of preference:

1.) Edit your graphics settings with the appropriate app (NVIDIA Control Panel, AMD Catalyst, AMD Crimson, etc.) to disable that auto switching and force the discrete graphics (NVIDIA or AMD GPU) to always drive the display.

For NVIDIA: NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Look for PoE or add PoE -> Select the Preferred graphics processor for this program -> High-performance NVIDIA processor. Depending upon the driver version, this might change, but the objective is the same: use NVIDIA processor either globally or for PoE.

For AMD: Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings > CCC Slim > Power > Switchable Graphics Application Settings. From this menu you can manually add applications to High Performance mode so they will use the Radeon GPU. This process will vary depending upon Crimson or Catalyst and version of the drivers. But this objective remains the same: use High Performance mode either globally or for PoE.

2.) Force PoE to use a specific display/card. This is done in the graphics settings, and you can also set it in the launcher options with the --adapter option, or enter it manually in the following file: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini with the adapter_name= option.

3.) Completely disable the built-in graphics. Directions assume Intel CPU, as AMD CPUs/APUs tend not to cause as many problems. On desktops you could do Device Manager > Display Adapters -> right click on the Intel listing and choose disable, then reboot, but that won't necessarily work on laptops. On laptops you should try to disable the Intel graphics in the BIOS/UEFI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Nov 3, 2016, 4:40:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info