Path of Exile dual video cards(LAPTOP)

PoE does not detect my second graphics card and is stuck on Intel Card. :)

No real performance issues but it would be nice to switch graphic cards! :D
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Nov 3, 2016, 5:07:24 PM
Last bumped on Nov 3, 2016, 4:37:44 PM
If your preferred GPU is an NVidia, go to your control panel > manage 3d settings (left panel) > global settings tab > select your NVIDIA GPU from the drop down menu.
If you right click the executable (or the shortcut on your desktop) you'll be able to choose which graphics card to run with (win7).
Hmmm well possible that poe just shows intel card in options and is actually using ati card will test it.
just tested and choosing graphics card from desktop doesn't seem to work with PoE (same fps using overwolf)

EDIT: This is how it works with ATI cards power saving=onboard High Performance= ATI Card, for instance on C9 I get 156fps on performance and 20~30fps using intel (same goes for ArmA 2:CO)

Last edited by Drescher88 on Aug 4, 2012, 5:52:42 AM
Yeah, PoE has some issue with these card switching laptops, I had the same issue too as did many people here. Basically see if there's a way to force your computer to always use the ATI card
Even if your preferred card is set to the dedicated one, PoE will still use the standard one. At least in my case.

What works for me is right-clicking the executable and choosing the graphics processor manually each time.
Thank you a lot GTYgorm for the tip on W7!! Now I can use my Overkill skill :P
That remids me, is c9 any good?
"
assteepee wrote:
If your preferred GPU is an NVidia, go to your control panel > manage 3d settings (left panel) > global settings tab > select your NVIDIA GPU from the drop down menu.

Sorry for the necro, but this information helped.

Cheers.

EDIT: Not a necro poster it seems. Apparently the recent Nvidia update caused this issue for a few users.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Last edited by ciknay on Nov 30, 2012, 11:26:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info