Unique Carcass Jack Varnished Coat not working properly.

I posted this in the Melee Splash feedback thread, but thought I should post it here also.

Sooo I have a Glacial Hammer + Melee splash build, that is working extremely well.

All of the Increased AoE Radius / Damage passives work with this combo.

So, I bought the new unique Carcass Jack chestplate, which has 20% Increased Raidus = 8% Damage, and it is worded EXACTLY like the passives, but it doesn't up the damage of my Glacial Hammer at all. This seems like it is not working as it should.

When I equip the chestplate, my leap slam damage goes up, but glacial does not. This seems like it needs to be fixed.

Edit: Carcass Jack easy reference....

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You only see the single-target hit damage, which is not AoE Damage, even with Melee Splash. The splashed targets take a different amount of damage which is boosted by AoE Damage modifiers.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
You only see the single-target hit damage, which is not AoE Damage, even with Melee Splash. The splashed targets take a different amount of damage which is boosted by AoE Damage modifiers.

Oh, so it's just the tooltip not displaying properly?

I just tested this and used a regret to take out a point from the Increased Aoe/Dmg passive and nothing changed on my glacial hammer tooltip.

I'm positive they are working with Glacial/Splash though, because my AoE is quite large now.

So I can probably assume the Unique is working, it's just not displaying.

I understand some things not displaying properly, but this seems like one that should be pretty straight forward to show the damage increases?
It is working but you are not getting the benefit from the increased radius on area skills
You should recieve the 12% though

Since glacial hammer is a single target skill you receive no benefit to it and since melee splash isn't a skill but a support you don't gain the benefit from that either.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 4, 2013, 2:23:13 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
It is working but you are not getting the benefit from the increased radius on area skills
You should recieve the 12% though

Since glacial hammer is a single target skill you receive no benefit to it and since melee splash isn't a skill but a support you don't gain the benefit from that either.

Is this confirmed somewhere? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense that it'd work this way.
"
habbey wrote:
Is this confirmed somewhere? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense that it'd work this way.

Don't know if it is confirmed but as with everything in this game it's all in the wording.
And the way that it is worded 20% increased radius to area skills seems pretty specific to me.
It's not 20% increased radius to area of effect.
The very word skill means it needs to be user activated and not a support
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 5, 2013, 2:54:12 AM
"The very word skill means it needs to be user activated and not a support"
Supports are part of Skills. Supports benefit from Passives just fine. Added Fire Damage benefits from Fire damage passives and Elemental Proliferation benefits from Increased AoE Radius.

Similarly, the Splash damage on Melee Splash benefits from both Increased AoE Radius and Damage just fine.
The tooltip does not show the AoE Damage though, but the single-target hit. As such, it doesn't improve with AoE Damage (and it shouldn't).

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"The very word skill means it needs to be user activated and not a support"
Supports are part of Skills. Supports benefit from Passives just fine. Added Fire Damage benefits from Fire damage passives and Elemental Proliferation benefits from Increased AoE Radius.

Similarly, the Splash damage on Melee Splash benefits from both Increased AoE Radius and Damage just fine.
The tooltip does not show the AoE Damage though, but the single-target hit. As such, it doesn't improve with AoE Damage (and it shouldn't).

This is what I'd assume as well, the other guy scared me a bit as I'm building a character around carcass jack + melee splash :p
conclusions?
IGN:freewayadolf/freewaycrystal/freewayfecciaimmonda
"
freewaypec wrote:
conclusions?

Read the thread?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info