[3.25] Infinite Vaal Lightning Strike 1 Button set up (12M budget, 130M end game)

"
HammyTheChimp wrote:
Do you have a T17 regex for mods to avoid with this build?

let me list the ones you cannot run. You can add more of what you do not want to run.

Here is the list of mods to avoid.
(T17) Monsters have +#% Chance to Block Attack Damage
(T17) Players cannot Block Players cannot Suppress Spell Damage
Monsters reflect #% of Elemental Damage
Monsters reflect #% of Physical Damage
Players have #% less Cooldown Recovery Rate
"
Deuce2829 wrote:
thank you.Very good build.
also need the T17 regex too
and how to craft the dagger from High-level pob?

let me list the ones you cannot run. You can add more of what you do not want to run.

Here is the list of mods to avoid.
(T17) Monsters have +#% Chance to Block Attack Damage
(T17) Players cannot Block Players cannot Suppress Spell Damage
Monsters reflect #% of Elemental Damage
Monsters reflect #% of Physical Damage
Players have #% less Cooldown Recovery Rate

For dagger crafting, I just recommend you just mirror a dagger. I think there are 2 versions available at the moment.

If you really want to craft,
SebK made a video process of how he made his dagger (one I mirrored)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xs2gtHQctg

Process should be little easier now as you can use recombinator more easily.

I think the best bet is to recombine a 3 prefix/0 suffix + 0 prefix / 3 suffix of shaper&elder dagger. Chance should be 1/6 * 1/6 at this process.

For prefix, create a shaper/elder dagger spam essence for
1. added lightning damage + 40% more attack damage
2. added lightning damage + lvl 20 elemental damage with attacks.
Recombine these two until you get perfect 3 prefix.

For suffix, awakener's orb
1. shaper dagger with lvl 20 inc crit chance
2. elder dagger with lvl 20 crit multi

You can try one of the following.
1. have either shaper or elder dagger be magic item.
you can use magic item hinekora's lock from the bestiary before using awakener's orb to see the result. Do it until you get supported by faster attacks.

2. After awakener's orbing shaper & elder dagger, if you have empty suffix, craft suffix cannot be changed and do reforge speed at harvest, you can expect supported by faster attacks at 1/6 chance.

Expected cost is so high, that just mirroring a dagger should be easier.
thank you.
Just watched seb's video, another question, how to choose between multistrike support and faster attack support on dagger?
"
Deuce2829 wrote:
thank you.
Just watched seb's video, another question, how to choose between multistrike support and faster attack support on dagger?

You can't choose, it's 50/50. Multistrike does not work for vaal lightning strike, so you want faster attacks.

However, since we already have so much attack speed from tincturea anyway, the extra faster attack support gem doesn't really do much for us.

Having T1 attack speed of 27% vs lvl 20 faster attack only provides 4~7% damage difference.
"
Having T1 attack speed of 27% vs lvl 20 faster attack only provides 4~7% damage difference.

Understood thank you again.
Why are we using Unleashed Potential Forbiddens? We can generate charges through Mob Mentality + General's Cry, and the Forbiddens show that it only gives around 5% EHP and damage. Is it just for charge sustaining on bosses?
Last edited by BeeBun on Aug 19, 2024, 5:26:08 AM
"
BeeBun wrote:
Why are we using Unleashed Potential Forbiddens? We can generate charges through Mob Mentality + General's Cry, and the Forbiddens show that it only gives around 5% EHP and damage. Is it just for charge sustaining on bosses?

Yes it is mainly to have longer charge duration.

You can just path to Overcharged and take 100% charge duration. That is usually enough to keep all 3 charges up through Mob Mentality.

At the time of purchase, I paid 190d for a forbidden set, it saved me 6 points on passive for other utilities I could use instead.

At current price point of the forbidden jewels, I recommend taking Overcharged & charge mastery and dropping 1 jewel socket should suffice.
I'm trying to put everything together to start running the build and got some questions that will follow:
Is the consecrated ground that important considering that we will be moving a lot? Wouldn't just be better keeping the profane ground and not needing to balance stats and just go warden?
I was playing with recombs and could hit the dagger below:

Does melee splash does anything for the build? Or should I just lock prefixes and reroll speed?

Thanks in advance for the replies!
"
ibaklanos wrote:
I'm trying to put everything together to start running the build and got some questions that will follow:
Is the consecrated ground that important considering that we will be moving a lot? Wouldn't just be better keeping the profane ground and not needing to balance stats and just go warden?
I was playing with recombs and could hit the dagger below:

Does melee splash does anything for the build? Or should I just lock prefixes and reroll speed?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Hello, for mid budget, rational doctrine is mainly used for profane ground so you can just change the stats and go for warden.
Warden will be much higher in damage and no tincture downtime. However, you will lose some defence(mainly regen and recovery rate) & ease of stats from scion. Choice is up to you to whether you want more damage or defence.

For your dagger, vaal lighting strike only has 1 melee hit portion at the initial use to hit the ground. So melee splash is a dead mod.
You got the 3 solid prefixes so I recommend trying reforge crit to get increased criticial strike support gem and unveil either attack speed, crit multi, or double damage. Then craft the last slot.
Hi OP, great idea and I think I'm going to build on top of this idea.

One key issue I don't fully understand yet is the VLS rage cost with chain breaker + Hateforge. Your calculation shows 12 which I think maybe incorrect, for 1). you didn't account for all the additional links cost multiplier, and 2). you haven't added the +3 rage cost from chainbreaker. What does your tooltip in game say?

Something wrong with PoB at the moment, and I'm trying to crack the cost formula myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info