[3.25] CoC Ice Nova of Frostbolts Build | Occultist | Settlers of Kalguur | Path of Exile 3.25

"
selvisk wrote:
I don't understand where the high amount of evasion rating comes from, so that you can use Ghost Dance?

I have 22 evasion with the same gear? What am I missing?

Grace, Jade Flast, and a Flask of the Ibex, those three things combine to the tune of 5000 evasion.
A small point worth noting:

Mark on Hit and Cast When Damage Taken cancel eachother out when both linked to a Mark spell, making it so Assassin's Mark cannot be cast at all.

You'll want separate R-R and B-G sockets as opposed to a 4 link.
"Medium Budget" = 90 DiV
"
Khalil_jhjk wrote:
"Medium Budget" = 90 DiV

I suspect when it was developed it was a medium budget, and it's popularity has increased the price/demand of key components for it.
Only aura i dont have active is haste and im not sure what im missing here
Last edited by Mini_Way24 on Aug 27, 2024, 10:29:49 PM
Ok so i mostly copied the build, items etc and sadly i do something wrong probably. I still get 1 shot on "easy" 8mod t16 maps. I have a regex that should work to my understanding :
"!f ph|ur$|o al|gen|coo|non|tal d|eec|h el"

And still somehow i get 1shot alot in half of the maps or more. All auras active, all flasks as in the build, 1 lvl missing atm to add more dmg (as far as i understand). What could possibly be wrong? Sitting at almost 5k es so its not that low (yep the build has 7,5k im aware).
Over 100 Div in and well if i dont die 1 shot its amazin, insane fast clear speed but oryginally i was hoping to run some t17 and i die on t16.

"
MrEasyMode wrote:
Ok so i mostly copied the build, items etc and sadly i do something wrong probably. I still get 1 shot on "easy" 8mod t16 maps. I have a regex that should work to my understanding :
"!f ph|ur$|o al|gen|coo|non|tal d|eec|h el"

And still somehow i get 1shot alot in half of the maps or more. All auras active, all flasks as in the build, 1 lvl missing atm to add more dmg (as far as i understand). What could possibly be wrong? Sitting at almost 5k es so its not that low (yep the build has 7,5k im aware).
Over 100 Div in and well if i dont die 1 shot its amazin, insane fast clear speed but oryginally i was hoping to run some t17 and i die on t16.

Yeah, I had spent a pretty penny (for me) on the build and kept getting 1-shot or dying to DoTs, and was looking at the build and realizing how much more I would need to spend, and how many holes there honestly are in the defenses and dropped the build.
And what did You swap for m8? I love the "core" of this build, but now im stuck on 20+ div items (each) to cap resist / evasion in a combo. I need to find "perfect" resits/other stats rare item combo and that is well insane and hard. Still no idea if it will work and why POB shows this "insane" dmg and mine is like 150k.
Ok i spent like a hour or more studying the POB from the build and mine. Why does the build POB count Overcharge if it is swapped by the militiant faith jewel? Mine loaded from the character doesnt (and ingame the tree is changed from Overcharge to Intolerance of Sin).

So its 95% +- in the build/pob and same goes for me so i should be "ok" here.

Now for the evasion part i cant figure that out. I have if You believe POB 15992 evasion, thats almost the same as the core build. And i get 1shot so f... much its annoying, same goes for "few" shots, mostly projectiles. If a map goes wrong i can die sometimes even all portals.

I did test without picking anything that could debuff me in the map and still same. I have a "correct" regex i use as far as i understand, anyone has a perfect regex for this build?

Or as i read before this is just a squishy boy no mather the div invested? Im way over 100div and i love the clear speed, play style etc. But i would gladly spend 200 more div to survive, especialy boss fights, as soon as i loose val well i die most of the time. Alot of maps have poison (i run mostly toxic sewers if that helps) or sh... on ground that stops my ES from recharge.

I can get more ES from actual 5.3k to even 7k+ but i dont think that is the main issue (the 1 shot kill it may help a bit, but i dont feel like it would be a 90% less death issue).

Uff, sorry but im sitting like 4 or more hours now (only today) studying this build and POB and thats alot of "lost time" for a father of 2 who would like to have a fun game casual experience. And i cant have it if i die on some crap i dont even know why it killed me. Not to mention i cant get the 96lvl.

There, thats it. If anyone would be so kind to help me or just confirm its the builds fault i would appreciate it.
not OP but i've been using this build for a few days and can give my take. am lvl 95 rn and only sliiightly tweaked a couple of passive points.

"
Why does the build POB count Overcharge if it is swapped by the militiant faith jewel? Mine loaded from the character doesnt (and ingame the tree is changed from Overcharge to Intolerance of Sin).

not all seeds of Militant Faith convert the overcharge. my version's seed is 7251-Dominus and doesn't convert anything that this build touches, besides obviously giving Inner Conviction keystone.

"
Or as i read before this is just a squishy boy no mather the div invested? Im way over 100div and i love the clear speed, play style etc. But i would gladly spend 200 more div to survive, especialy boss fights, as soon as i loose val well i die most of the time. Alot of maps have poison (i run mostly toxic sewers if that helps) or sh... on ground that stops my ES from recharge.

IMO this build isn't tanky, but it feels tanky 98% of the time due to it's mobility & clear speed. i took a couple more points in leech to get the Light Eater notable for more survivability, but in this meta without endurance charges, that still does not save me from 1shot burst damage. so it's 98% tanky cuz you kill everything before they kill you, but 2% you die in 1 hit to something you didn't see coming at all, like frostblinking right into a pack of molten shell goatmen. it's hard to level 90+ because of that.

since it's ES/Evasion based, you don't have an instant recovery flask to rely on. your only lifesaving button is Vaal Discipline + Vaal Grace combined. i have those on my Q and W keys, and i immediately press if i fall below 50% ES. especially don't underestimate Vaal Discipline cuz it starts your ES recharge almost instantly
Last edited by ulqX on Aug 29, 2024, 7:35:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info