Nameless seer's 'Scry a Map' interaction with Kalguur map runners

With the new feature of nameless seer called Scry a Map, does the map I chose to swap the divination also applies with the map that the Kalguurs map runner npcs running with?

e.g
I swapped the divination drop from Defiled cathedral map to Atoll map

If I put Atoll maps on map runner mechanic, will they also have a chance to get a divination card like The Apothecary?
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2024, 3:38:54 AM
curious too, scrying seems not to be anyhow connected to the atlas.
i am more interested in how it works anyway.

will they do league mechanics like abyss, breach, blight ?

or will they just give some random maps,currency and uniques ?
Last edited by Delamonica on Jul 22, 2024, 9:05:49 AM
From the Q&A:

"

Do the maps your runners complete interact with your atlas tree at all?

No.

I don't think they are "running the map" at all, that would probably hurt the servers quite a bit. I just think it adds a timer and generate some rewards based on the rarity and difficulty of the map.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jul 22, 2024, 12:53:47 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
From the Q&A:

"

No.

I don't think they are "running the map" at all, that would probably hurt the servers quite a bit. I just think it adds a timer and generate some rewards based on the rarity and difficulty of the map.

no they confirmed they can get you div cards tied to that specific map they are running or fragments like elder and conquers and shaper
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Jul 22, 2024, 12:56:54 PM
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

no they confirmed they can get you div cards tied to that specific map they are running or fragments like elder and conquers and shaper

Did they now... Well, all of that information is based on the map ID. So I'm pretty sure they aren't really "running your map" monster for monster, but just generate some rewards based on the rarity, difficulty and TYPE of map.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

Did they now... Well, all of that information is based on the map ID. So I'm pretty sure they aren't really "running your map" monster for monster, but just generate some rewards based on the rarity, difficulty and TYPE of map.

The trailer showed that one of the "modifiers" of the runners is "% chance to one of the runners to permanently die". I would say it telegraphs that they indeed are not truly "running" the map, but just generating outcomes based on the imputs, think how games like total war can autogenerate an outcome based on the starting conditions, but its not really "playing" the game to generate it

I mean... its shoudnt be hard to force a shaper fragment drop if the map was a shaper guard map or set card pool to match the map being runned

As for how it will interact with the atlas passive, i think there wasnt any choice to select an atlas tree, so i would guess it simply dont interact with the tree and just runs the maps on base state. Looks we will be able to run like 3 or maybe even more teams of runners at once, so i think they figured making players run 4 maps at the same time and all juiced would be too much
Last edited by feike on Jul 22, 2024, 2:20:25 PM
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
From the Q&A:

"

No.

In the Q&A they said (IIRC) that technically you can get the fragments. It wasnt quite clear what the odds of them being strong enough to actually get them are though.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
feike wrote:
As for how it will interact with the atlas passive, i think there wasnt any choice to select an atlas tree, so i would guess
FAQ says no Atlas for map runners.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
This system looks great for sinking maps with bad layouts and good cards. Bonus, you can copy the same cards to another map with good layout, to farm the same cards yourself.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Jul 22, 2024, 5:09:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info