So, I've been keeping a secret from you guys...

I'm actually a time traveller. I joined this forum in 2012 but I'm actually from the year 2025. I stole an idea from one of my favourite games the year before. I stole from From.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Jokes aside, moons and crosses and circles are an ancient combination of symbols. But yeah, pretty glad I have proof I first used it years ago because damn if I'd get away with it after Erdtree fucking *explodes*. :)

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2024, 9:58:35 PM
should have started a religion lol
[Removed by Support]
Bold of you to think I didn't.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Cultish behavior adds up now.

;)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"

sudden realization that tons of people spent many hours of their life trying to farm a wifu sword.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
"

sudden realization that tons of people spent many hours of their life trying to farm a wifu sword.

Total fluke, I swear. Hasn't She been power-crept out of relevance?

And so few of those who farm for the knaifu-waifu become my actual readers, so it's kind of moot really. I did thank them in the thanks and acknowledgments page though. Fans of OG are fans of a very unusual version of my greatest creation.

But do they worship Her? Dunno about that. I think they'll notice Her absence in PoE 2, unless GGG have a sentient weapon lined up for PoE 2, as a reward after a really convoluted quest perhaps...
"
"
exsea wrote:
"

Total fluke, I swear. Hasn't She been power-crept out of relevance?

And so few of those who farm for the knaifu-waifu become my actual readers, so it's kind of moot really. I did thank them in the thanks and acknowledgments page though. Fans of OG are fans of a very unusual version of my greatest creation.

But do they worship Her? Dunno about that. I think they'll notice Her absence in PoE 2, unless GGG have a sentient weapon lined up for PoE 2, as a reward after a really convoluted quest perhaps...

i honestly think ggg did you dirty when they introduced a pyro weapon effect which talks to the player but to a way lesser extent compared to your sword.

but yeah your swords have been power crept into oblivion. its still super strong.

i actually wanted to make a janky build around it but i really didnt like having to fix the self immolation first.

i really like the idea behind her but i could never justify using her. i've played the game like a decade and i believe i've never heard her full range of voicelines before, which is a shame really.

maybe you should buy another super supporter pack to have a fourth form appear? hahahah

but nah.. ggg has enough cash. apparently i know the dude behind (if he didnt lie) the fated connections div card. last i remember its disabled.

there so many div cards that are just disabled. theres so many player created uniques that simply are no longer relevant. for the amount of money spent i really its a disservice to all those high paying supporters.

RIP div cards

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by exsea on Jun 23, 2024, 9:28:24 PM
"
exsea wrote:

i honestly think ggg did you dirty when they introduced a pyro weapon effect which talks to the player but to a way lesser extent compared to your sword.

Eh, first I'm hearing about this. Got a link or something for me there? I'm curious. I doubt they're as...purposeful as my lines, since I have a very strong idea of who and what Oni-Goroshi is, but on the other hand, it's their game so they can do whatever they want with it.

PS they're never getting another cent out of me. Not a threat or a complaint; just an acknowledgment that I banked up more than enough freeplay time to last...a lifetime.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 23, 2024, 9:34:01 PM
"
"
exsea wrote:

Eh, first I'm hearing about this. Got a link or something for me there? I'm curious. I doubt they're as...purposeful as my lines, since I have a very strong idea of who and what Oni-Goroshi is, but on the other hand, it's their game so they can do whatever they want with it.

PS they're never getting another cent out of me. Not a threat or a complaint; just an acknowledgment that I banked up more than enough freeplay time to last...a lifetime.

yeah i get you. you did after all spend a whole lot of money that i feel like i should just make an arpg and have you whale on my game hahahaha

https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/item/PyromaniacWeaponEffectVariations

it has some voice lines but its applications are more towards combat and nothing towards the campaign (IIRC). tho it takes away a from making talking weapons a unique experience since you can make any weapon talk with it.

and yeah they can do whatever they want with it. just that i really feel that one day GGG should give them acknowledgement by celebrating them in the next exilecon or something.
[Removed by Support]
Ah. I heard a little reference to Innocence but so far, pretty generic 'fiery weapon burn stuff good' lines. Fair enough. I definitely don't feel like they've 'done me dirty'. I was able to shoe-horn my own narrative and meta-commentary into a game that really has little interest in either. With the key tucked away behind 8 or 9 hours worth of mind-numbing repetition.

I'll never not love any of that.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 23, 2024, 10:16:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info