I don't think the controller mapping looks good for POE2

The way things look now. To use a skill on my face buttons I'll lose the ability to turn for a moment and to use a skill on the d-pad I'll lose the ability to move for a moment. This just seems like a "good enough" effort to me. I understand the player needs access to as many skills as possible but, there is a better way. I have a few questions:

What are the Stick buttons being used for? I don't see them on HUD layout. Why Not? If I'm supposed to have total control of where my skills are why can't I map anything there? Honestly it feels like the best place to put skills because I don't have to sacrifice any moment to use them.

Why not use press vs. press and hold functionality? This will give the player access to double the amount skills/ on the most used buttons which I assume will be RT, RB, LT, LB if you also give us the use of RS and LS that's 12 skills/flasks etc. I can use without sacrificing any movement. Right now it's only 4.
Last bumped on Jun 25, 2024, 3:45:57 AM
That seemed way better to me than POE. I think they can inspire little bit from Final Fantasy XIV devs about this and look how beautifully they gave opportunities to players about customizing mostly everything. You can quickly access 32 ability via crossbars by Pressing R2 or L2 twice or by Pressing together another 8 slot bar opens. Players are also free to set them anywhere on the screen whichever style they want to play with it. Horizontal separate bars, vertical, crossbars there are lots of options in FFXIV and you can even customise their HUD transparency and size..
Poe 1 is in stone age if we would compare controls to ff14. I doubt that devs responsible for control implementation/usage play a lot of complicated/control heavy console games (mmorpg, strategy) or of any at all.

Tbf console community already asked many times for customization of buttons. (Most had problems with flask). I lost any hope for poe1 or poe2 controls after they implemented non customisable league mechanic triggers(they did nothing control vise for many years up to that moment), they ether dont care or aint playing other games on controler.

I really hope that devs plan players to play poe1 and poe2, going from 1 game to another to lose muscle reflexes each time would feel horrible. Make poe1 controls same/samish as poe2.

Imagine if they replaced mouse left click with right click in poe2 for pc players. Players would Riot, but somehow its okey for us. They think controler is still a place to experiment with.

Please Riot, dont try to reinvent controls. A lot of games already generalized most buttons and it looks so obvious when PC devs try to do it.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info