Path of Exile 2 on Consoles - Couch Co-op and Simultaneous Early Access

Dedicated PC player, so I doubt couch co op will end up being a thing for me, but I recognize this is going to be an amazing feature draw for POE2.

Honestly, what I love about POE 2 so far, is the developers are really doing their best to make the game make sense, guided by a single guiding light:

"Is it fun?"

They've worked, reworked, and reworked again this game, and if they find something fun and interesting, rather than run from it in the name of "vision", they instead run towards the fun things and are willing to even delay the game in order to completely rework it in order to incorporate it.

I predict within a year, POE 2 is going to make POE1 obsolete. I think people frustrated with POE 1 and the constant attempts to stymie progression in the name of retention will bail on it for POE 2...
Can we do couch coop with characters from two different accounts?

I’d buy a PS5 just so me and my mate can play together on the couch sometimes, and then go back to our PCs later (thanks to the full cross-play / cross-progression) and play like normal other times.

But yeah that’d require couch coop to support two simultaneous accounts 🤔
buh!
Omg! So stoked!

But question, will the sign on for poe2 be PlayStation capable on PC steam? I don't have a PS5, but PS4 and have clocked in 3000 hrs on PS4. So can I play on my PC under my PlayStation account, and keeping my microtransactions?
For the 2nd account login what are the plans for that exactly?

For Steam users we will be using the Steam phone app?

Or will we have the co-op game mode generate some like 6-10 letter/number phrase that we enter on the PoE website? Then we are logged in under some temporary token?

Either way I hope it is something when a quick sort of system built in. I would really not want to sit there and type out my email and some long randomly generated password.
This is the nostalgic gameplay I think we all need. I play on PC mostly but couch co-op sounds so fun. Can't wait!
cant wait
SO GOOD!
THE DEEP SMELL OF YOU.. DANGEROUSLY MATCHES THE PERFUME INSIDE OF ME..
IT MUST BE MY HEART YOU ARE AFTER..
IT MUST BE MY LUNGS YOU ARE BREATHING FROM..
WE ARE NOT THE WINNERS OR THE LOSERS..
OH BABY WE ARE THE FIGHT ! ! !
Thank you GGG! :) This is amazing news, and I can't wait to play together with console friends.

Not to sound ungrateful, but are there plans to also add cross-play/progression to POE1?
Hopefully it will work well on Steam Deck.
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info