aint it a gtragedy that a candian team hasn't won since bettman took over the NHL (30 years+)

i mean really, i saw the game of florida and rangers and dallas and the avalanche (who i thought woulda been the toughest), and the oilers seem to not be trying or something on purpose. i see 'bet 365' and other things taking over sports now, so I'm really curious how many multimillionairre players are actually trying anymore, and how many are tossing the game for his enrichment (and a slice for their own...).
rediculous - no way in hell the oilers lost many of those games these playoffs beyond some people letting them win. be more upset over the referees call in the memorial cup against moose jaw - which they scored a shorthanded goal on.
quit watching hockey for 20 years, might quit for another 20 since it seems to be a big scam vs people who are good trying to win.
Last bumped on Jun 10, 2024, 6:28:12 AM
oilers lose tonight = 100% evidence of their sell outedness, and i fully support dumping all of their top players, if the management wasn't in on the take. (spent half my childhood in fort macmurray/edmonton and half in saskatchewan), players are already god damn millionairres, like to see what these betting agency's have on them.
most damning thing is troy stetcher needing ankle surgery (which you need if you're hurt), after the final game of the series. he woulda been a good replacement for the 8.75 million $ per season darnell nurse. have their 4th line scoring , 3rd line scoring, nothing from the 1st line = games lost. it's not depth that's the problem, it's the oilers sellout to sports gambling.
like that episode in sons of anarchy where halfsack observes clay fondling his woman and knocks the guy out instantly... except on purpose.
Last edited by Cremains on May 29, 2024, 9:04:32 PM
It's frustrating when it feels like the game is being manipulated for profit. The competitiveness and integrity of sports can sometimes get overshadowed by external influences. It's understandable to feel disillusioned, especially when you've been a fan for so long. The passion for the game is what keeps us engaged, but when that's compromised, it's natural to take a step back. Have you considered following other leagues or sports that might still capture that authentic competitive spirit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info