3.24.2 Hotfix 5

"
momonami5 wrote:
"
Spadesghost wrote:
"
Robocitrus wrote:
If GGG banned Empyrian for testing then reporting an exploit in Ultimatum why not all the people who exploited this. The stance has to be the same for everyone. Integrity of rule enforcement is imperative despite what people may have spent or done in terms of supporting GGG financially.

Now scale of bans needs to be talked about for sure, people who excessively exploited need a ban but other then that I don't think anyone did it maliciously, its always fun and interesting when these type of events and bugs happen. Most notable in Diablo 2 many items that were bugged or duped were really fun and interesting. They bring talking points and expand the long term lore of the game.

If rules aren't enforced you'll end up with a situation like WoW where you should exploit as soon as you can and as much as you can if you want to "stay relevant" in terms of player power or currency.

Also the people complaining about the league like really? Just go play another game till next league. Nothing keeping you here for Necropolis.

Maybe because Empyrean was the only example of it ever happening?
GGG is already inconsistent, because they never "banned" the people who created:
20,000+ fire resistance chest armor, abyssal sockets on items without taking up mod space, etc.

What are they supposed to do now huh? Go back and retroactively ban people who probably aren't playing anymore?

Not trying to be rude here, but your logic and argument make no sense.
And from another perspective, how is it fair to ban people for GGGs lack of playtesting?

Answer: it isn't. At all.
Cause the fire resistance armour was a dropped item, and someone using a recomb on it to combine and craft it up is not a exploit. Killing a monster and fire resistance armour dropping with insane resistance is not a exploit. finding dupes, loop holes to overide socket restrictions is an exploit, and they have stated so as well. So anyone continuing to use the items and sell them should be banned. Once ggg announces that this is wrong and you continue to do it you going against tos.

Guess you don't know what the term "exploitive" means. Please go look it up. Then compare the definition to the fire res armour and its 2 mirror fee. Tell me how it is exploitive for people to use a bugged 6 link over the bugged fire res armour, which is easily 10 times more op than the 6-links.

I'd be happy if all the bugged items got wiped fwiw.
Last edited by Noooova on May 5, 2024, 5:52:10 AM
"
gilgamazer wrote:
watching non-supporter arguing over this thread -> funny :D

funny how people with less than 20 challenges (so they didnt even play the league) asking for bans and talking on the thread.
Last edited by Yavëtîl on May 5, 2024, 6:37:27 AM
"
Yavëtîl wrote:

funny how people with less than 20 challenges (so they didnt even play the league) asking for bans and talking on the thread.

Whats funny is all the basement dwelling nerds who play 24/7 think that casual players shouldn't have an opinion
IGN = Morlinus
no comment...
Last edited by Deformingo on May 5, 2024, 9:26:43 AM
no comment
Last edited by Deformingo on May 5, 2024, 9:26:29 AM
I liked the bug to a degree , enables new builds , just add the bug back and later void the league , easy >:)
"
Reinhart wrote:
Comedy gold for those who missed.

"
Evaldson wrote:
this is how and why we all love this game, we all love to find ways around to get us going and enjoying playing a video game!

both me and my friend are 30 / 40 years old, and work as CEO's at our companies.

WE HAVE NEVER HAD SO MUCH FUN THEN PLAYING T17 SANCTUARY WITH 4x SHAPER FLAMES
GOING AROUND AND HEARING THE ONE SHIIING AFTER THE OTHER.

and are we not here to have fun?

"
Deformingo wrote:
It is not about greed, it's about curiosity.

It's same as buying 1000 ice-creams to see what happens if one eats all of them at once, just for memeing.
Or making a pure gold pizza.

If people get banned for being curious, then... idk...

"For try, for see, for know."

Remember that one, years ago? =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Yavëtîl wrote:
"
gilgamazer wrote:
watching non-supporter arguing over this thread -> funny :D

So let me get this right. Unless you have over 20 challenges you've not played the league? I play upwards of 16 hours a day. Every day. and I'm currently at around 14 points. I've played poe since closed beta when you had to buy the key to play... but I don't get an opinion because I haven't bothered to do challenges in league? Does that mean not a single standard only player gets an opinion either?

You're arbitrary standard for judging whether someone gets an opinion is founded in YOUR opinion of how the game should be played...

Go away
"
quadhunter wrote:
I liked the bug to a degree , enables new builds , just add the bug back and later void the league , easy >:)

So punish the entire playerbase in league for something a minority did? What about all those in standard who did the same thing. Wipe out everything on standard as well? People use league to earn 'cash' to buy things in standard. I'll take a heap of league items back to standard to sell later. Its my cash flow.

NOT a solution.
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:

Except they used a craft specifically called "sets the item to maximum possible number of sockets"
it was no more an exploit than using mirrors and recombinators on the 510x max power mod to move that to an armor stacker chest.
It didnt take anything special. The craft just set the item to more sockets than it was supposed to have because GGG had a coding error that made the craft put it to max number of available item socket space, rather than limited by unique/enchant/normal socket limits. the only safeguard was the craft wouldnt work on items that dont normally have sockets and that worked. its exactly the same level of error as the mob that dropped 20k fire resist only this could be applied to about 1/6 of the items in the game. Only reason it took so long to find is nobody in the right mind would try to use that craft on a 3 socket item in the first month. now that we are mid league and the craft is less than 10c, people were lazy and used it instead of jewelers orbs and got better result than expected.

Due to the previous 20k armor chest and abyss items, everybody that learned of this bug and wanted to be competitive was forced to use this craft on the off chance these would not be deleted.

This is why nobody was banned. GGG caused it by accident, and the employees would feel like shit if their actions directly caused players to be banned for their error.

GGG announced that they would be fixing all the items and that any gems in them are at risk of deletion. They didnt directly say not to use them if you have them...so use at your own risk until corrected I guess.

GGG banned for the "Remove split tag" exploit, when everything the players did was use an imprint on the item after splitting. Is it fair ? Yes, cause they were using an oversight to gain an advantage over others.

IMO, everyone who abuse an oversight / bug / unintended "mechanic" should be punished.

Here, it is exactly the same as the split tag bug. Some print 6L one handed weapon, and sell it for profit. Others use it to get a 16+L and reach huge damage without investment. They should be banned. There is nothing to argue over.

EDIT : And yes, I think the bugged fire res item should be removed and the ones selling it / mirror servicing it should be punished in some sort.
Last edited by MagikStiix on May 5, 2024, 9:32:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info