3.24.2 Hotfix 5

Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blJcDRupdNU
League ban seems fair; if ggg has the logs showing who exploited device. Yeah league ban seems fair. If you just bought an item then the item should be patched pretty simple. Anything else does not teach cheaters a lesson; and in fact encourages others to cheat. Hell you might get away with it. We all knew what was happening but decided it was an absolute exploit; while others made hundreds of divines off it. Justice is justice. Get banned.
"
Radikcdn wrote:
League ban seems fair; if ggg has the logs showing who exploited device. Yeah league ban seems fair. If you just bought an item then the item should be patched pretty simple. Anything else does not teach cheaters a lesson; and in fact encourages others to cheat. Hell you might get away with it. We all knew what was happening but decided it was an absolute exploit; while others made hundreds of divines off it. Justice is justice. Get banned.

If they don't ban, at least we should receive clear rules and guidelines to prevent such things in the future.
This tale is as old as online games are. It's probably been posted several times by now, but this should appear on top of every page of this thread:

"
17. Cancellation of Membership: Grinding Gear Games reserves the right, acting at its sole discretion, [...] if you have engaged in behaviour which Grinding Gear Games deems in its sole discretion is not in keeping with the intended spirit of participation in PoE or for any other reason whatsoever. [...] you agree that Grinding Gear Games will not be required to provide you with prior notice or explanation in respect of such action.

Although, contrary to other online games, there's no actual mention of misuse of unexpected game behaviour under §7. "Restrictions", section §17 makes it absolutely impossible to misunderstand.
While I think white hats shouldn't get banned for reporting bugs, this situation can have whatever consequence GGG would like there to be. I've been banned in other games before, and it was totally deserved. I knew what I was doing. Suck it up.
Last edited by Deridjian on May 4, 2024, 5:17:09 AM
"
vacii wrote:

If they don't ban, at least we should receive clear rules and guidelines to prevent such things in the future.

Kinda gross how many players in this thread obviously cheated. Now in here trying to justify it. I saw one guy say'in he was autistic; so he was unable to tell it was an exploit. Like this is some wild stuff. I'm disappointed by the community today. Today as a whole we're no better than a bunch of aimbotters on CSGO. You knew; you don't play POE for five years with multiple supporter titles and get to play stupid.
"
Radikcdn wrote:
"
vacii wrote:

Kinda gross how many players in this thread obviously cheated. Now in here trying to justify it. I saw one guy say'in he was autistic; so he was unable to tell it was an exploit. Like this is some wild stuff. I'm disappointed by the community today. Today as a whole we're no better than a bunch of aimbotters on CSGO. You knew; you don't play POE for five years with multiple supporter titles and get to play stupid.

The autistic comment started me going in the first place. I've been arguing against "defenders" for hours now, in hope that at least some clear cut rules come out of it.
"
Deridjian wrote:
It's probably been posted several times by now, but this should appear on top of every page of this thread:

"
17. Cancellation of Membership: Grinding Gear Games reserves the right, acting at its sole discretion, [...] if you have engaged in behaviour which Grinding Gear Games deems in its sole discretion is not in keeping with the intended spirit of participation in PoE or for any other reason whatsoever. [...] you agree that Grinding Gear Games will not be required to provide you with prior notice or explanation in respect of such action.

Although, contrary to other online games, there's no actual mention of misuse of unexpected game behaviour under §7. "Restrictions", section §17 makes it absolutely impossible to misunderstand.
While I think white hats shouldn't get banned for reporting bugs, this situation can have whatever consequence GGG would like there to be. I've been banned in other games before, and it was totally deserved. I knew what I was doing. Suck it up.

I think it's about time we get guidelines for this, in order to prevent pointless discussions about it in the future.
I still see 6-link shields, one-handed weapons and quivers on the trade. You can only guess how many such cheating things the players have on their hands. GGG, where's your promised fix?
Last edited by Murmuüre on May 4, 2024, 5:18:45 AM
Do you think people who saved their items at 6l magic with an imprint can revert back their item to the bugged state??
"
axeltt012 wrote:
Do you think people who saved their items at 6l magic with an imprint can revert back their item to the bugged state??

Also gift wrapping items should be looked at.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info