3.24.2 Hotfix 5

"
Chirp93 wrote:
"
ArtfulDabber wrote:
You’re clearly on the forums constantly where everybody was saying that it was an unintended exploit.

Is this intended?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/XkX3E7WcP

Most broken items in-game literally printing mirrors out of splits.

while the roll value is unintended that item is different than the socket exploit here.

for starters players could do nothing to influence the drop of an item with the bugged affix value and the root cause of that bug was fixed many many years ago(its been fixed for what... 7/8 years now?)

only reason people bothered to craft it is that the owner of the item came around and recombinators exist... so it was made with 100% legit means(game dropped it and players used proper crafting mechanics to make a GG item)

note bugged legit drop handled with all legit means... vs all exploited items

plus its standard... who cares, between legacy flasks, mirror items with legacy rolls and more... its not like broken builds don't exist as is there.

heres to hoping all the invalid sockets get deleted and the fire res armour stays.
Notice how the hotfix announcement does not even mention taking any action against people that used the exploit.

Also it's funny how they're going to punish the buyers by fixing the items but will let sellers keep all the profits they made by using an exploit to create items they clearly knew were bugged.

League's still young. Stay tuned for the next exploits.
rolling back an item is unethical. for the players that spent hard earned money on something they didnt expect to have taken away should be compensated at least by the average divine cost that they spent buying the item. i bought one. i didnt know that it was an exploit when i did and im kinda new to the game. so i spent the 200 div on the shield. do i get my currency back? or is spending my entire seasons earnings on an item void? i think the people complaining are those without the funds that didnt spend the hours upon hours of farming to be able to afford such an item. im dumbfounded that a game company can make a mistake and then take it out on its contributors. if someone acquired one in the very small window that was created that's on GGG it is not on the community. it is expected that if an exploit was made available to every player that players will use that exploit. i just found out about this being an exploit as i just thought i was buying an end game unique shield. if ggg is going to take it away they are responsible for reimbursement to those that didnt use the exploit but simply purchased the item. I cant imagine supporting a company that would wipe out my entire seasons earnings over ignorance.
I just bought a 6 link item by mistake. and I sold it immediately after I saw this post :( . so bad
"
Ryovn wrote:
I just bought a 6 link item by mistake. and I sold it immediately after I saw this post :( . so bad

Lol by mistake? You knew dude nobody makes mistakes in OBVIOUSLY BUYING bugged items lmao.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Jeff_GGG doing god's work, keep it up. Got to say all the salt has breathed fresh new air into the league at least.
"
rolling back an item is unethical. for the players that spent hard earned money on something they didnt expect to have taken away should be compensated at least by the average divine cost that they spent buying the item. i bought one. i didnt know that it was an exploit when i did and im kinda new to the game. so i spent the 200 div on the shield. do i get my currency back? or is spending my entire seasons earnings on an item void? i think the people complaining are those without the funds that didnt spend the hours upon hours of farming to be able to afford such an item. im dumbfounded that a game company can make a mistake and then take it out on its contributors. if someone acquired one in the very small window that was created that's on GGG it is not on the community. it is expected that if an exploit was made available to every player that players will use that exploit. i just found out about this being an exploit as i just thought i was buying an end game unique shield. if ggg is going to take it away they are responsible for reimbursement to those that didnt use the exploit but simply purchased the item. I cant imagine supporting a company that would wipe out my entire seasons earnings over ignorance.

Read the Terms again, exploiting game bugs for profit is a violation. It's clear that offhands always have only 3 sockets, you knew that but still bought it, so you deserve to have your account locked. Greedy!
"
LaserVonRekyu wrote:

"Anyone who argues differently is potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such."
"i'm not labeling anyone anything, as you can see"

This is not a technicality. You definitionally labelled everybody that did not agree with you as malicious or intending to aid or commit crime.

I cannot say that your opinion regarding bans does not matter, but you discredit yourself with these kinds of contradicts within the same day.

I fully believe most players would use this "exploit" if they knew how, and it was still in the game. Specifically because if it was left in the game after GGG learned of it, that by itself would acknowledge it is part of the game.

Good on GGG for acting quickly on this one unlike the anarchy ember T17 ghost farming nerf delay.

Excuse me, but are you intentionally ignoring the word "potentially" in my statement? Do you not understand what that means?

You are going out of your way to defend exploiters by equalizing their actions to those who have done the same either led by curiosity or ignorance, why?
Moderate the forum please.

Ban the players who not only abused the bug but also are attacking others on the forums.

I mean it's one thing to abuse a bug, its another to be douche about it. At-least sit in the corner and sit quiet if you bug abused.
NO. If there is any punishment, it should be GGG because they literally MADE this bug.

I can't believe people are so ignorant. This company caused the problem, and here you are saying to ban people who used the obvious lack of testing that continues to occur.

Maybe they should ban YOU. How does that sound? Completely without reason and baseless, right?

Exactly the same as calling for people who did this to be banned.
These are the people who didn't get in on time or didn't have the morrigan to take advantage of it, and at the same time it really shines a light on just how shortsighted fans of this game who post in these forums really are.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info