Question to GGG

"
ArtCrusade wrote:

If by player retention you mean keeping people on the treadmill for longer, sure. Doesn't say much about how healthy that is for the game as a whole, though. I doubt we're even remotely speaking about the same thing here

Well, player retention is healthy for GGG because it translates into more sales. More sales means more investment into the game. So the game is healthy and not dead. What happens to POE if it gets D4 type seasons?

By player retention I mean players keep playing because they are having fun. Player retention can be healthy if the player is enjoying the game. People should play the game longer if they are enjoying themselves. If they are not enjoying themselves they hopefully leave. Why do you think the retention is poor this league?

This league it seems to me that GGG is trying to keep people on the treadmill by making low and middle end farming less profitable. People are not fooled though.

I'm very curious about whether next league's mechanic will be optional.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
Last edited by zakalwe55 on Apr 26, 2024, 8:19:47 PM
"
zakalwe55 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

You realise that last season there was one specific farming method (Abyss + Deli in T7 maps) that was so profitable that people never bothered with red tier maps, right?

Like, it was an astronomical difference in loot.

You really think that was healthier for the game than this season? Oh, please..

Like I said, people could avoid that abyss + deli in T7 maps and still make decent money doing other stuff. I did.

You still can make decent money doing other stuff.

"
zakalwe55 wrote:
You think that pissing off non streamers is healthy for the game?

They were pissed anyway and would continue to be pissed, not that anything would change, except game wouldn't be fixed. Affliction catered too much to casuals and some got addicted to that juice. Now some behave like they've got withdrawal syndrome.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Apr 26, 2024, 8:27:39 PM
"
zakalwe55 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

If by player retention you mean keeping people on the treadmill for longer, sure. Doesn't say much about how healthy that is for the game as a whole, though. I doubt we're even remotely speaking about the same thing here

Well, player retention is healthy for GGG because it translates into more sales. More sales means more investment into the game. So the game is healthy and not dead. What happens to POE if it gets D4 type seasons?

By player retention I mean players keep playing because they are having fun. Player retention can be healthy if the player is enjoying the game. People should play the game longer if they are enjoying themselves. If they are not enjoying themselves they hopefully leave. Why do you think the retention is poor this league?

This league it seems to me that GGG is trying to keep people on the treadmill by making low and middle end farming less profitable. People are not fooled though.

Have you ever filled out a customer satisfaction survey? There is a world of a difference between being satisfied and being happy. Satisfied means having met, happy means exceeeding expectations. People slave away at games like Clash of Clans for years being satisfied, but happy? Maybe some of the players are, but it's a perpetual hamster wheel designed to keep you running.

And you seem to conflate one with the other

Edit: and to at least address the question about why I think player retention is worse than last league; I don't know. The league is great. Players have a lot of reason why they play or don't play. You cannot break these things down to a single element like a league mechanic.

You are comparing retention between a christmas league and the one after, of course it'll look bad. People have had their holidays, dude. These Steam charts may look like they give you something tangible, but how that number comes together has a whole ocean of reasons that we cannot quantify
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Apr 26, 2024, 8:27:54 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Have you ever filled out a customer satisfaction survey? There is a world of a difference between being satisfied and being happy. Satisfied means having met, happy means exceeeding expectations. People slave away at games like Clash of Clans for years being satisfied, but happy? Maybe some of the players are, but it's a perpetual hamster wheel designed to keep you running.

And you seem to conflate one with the other

Edit: and to at least address the question about why I think player retention is worse than last league; I don't know. The league is great. Players have a lot of reason why they play or don't play. You cannot break these things down to a single element like a league mechanic.

You are comparing retention between a christmas league and the one after, of course it'll look bad. People have had their holidays, dude. These Steam charts may look like they give you something tangible, but how that number comes together has a whole ocean of reasons that we cannot quantify

I think that the most likely reason that players have left is that they hate the current game or bare minimum they are NOT satisfied. No need to parse words. It doesn't matter now though does it? Sure there COULD be other reasons. I'm not going to make excuses for GGG though. They are a grown ass company.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
I got bored with the league faster than normal, usualy i grind to 100 solo, i like to do a little of everything and switch my focus during the league to different side content, and usualy do 99-100 in heist, but heist got boring after the removal of the alt quality gems (for me) but! that dosent mean i hate the game, i still love it, else i wouldent be reading the forums still, we can't all like the same leagues and mechanics and that is fine, maybe next league will be something i love.
the game as become shit
its not even fun anymore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info