3.24.0b Hotfix 2

"
No-Lifer here (the first and sometimes second week of every league).

I absolutely hate this slot machine Divine Fishing. I'm absolutely disgusted by it. I absolutely LOVE this game and love playing it. Getting hyped every league, playing non-stop for the first week. But this league has been the worst so far. Normal drops have been nerfed to the ground. Can't sustain your favorite maps even with 4 void stones and 11/12 favorite map slots unlocked, unless you specc into all map points and use cartography scarabs. Up until this league, you were at least able to SUSTAIN your favorite maps without investing into them. Not talking about selling oversustained maps, really only sustain. Even if you juice your maps (tried Deli + Beyond, Expedition / Harvest / Harbinger, with added mirrored rare monster packs and stuff). Bubblegum currency drops are at an alltime low.

And now this... playing the slot machine in the hideout, getting 30+ divines per Map without even running maps... I'm sitting at ~120 div overall, including scarabs, essences and all bubblegum currency, without having abused the slot machine. And i played almost 24/7. You wanna know how i got that currency? Rog crafting. Simple as that. 2-3 rare drops like the Healthy Mind Jewel, but ~80% came from Rog crafting.

The thing is... making frog pack size smaller and making the Div stuff rarer just punishes players who didn't abuse the slot machine. I think the mod itself was fine. I also don't get how NOBODY at GGG thought about how this could be abused. I mean, you have all the numbers: the percentage how often that modifier can appear, the final chance buffed by quantity and the number of mobs, so you can easily calculate how many divs can drop per map, how many maps it takes to get that modifier and all. Did nobody even THINK about calculating how many maps you have to input to get that mod on average, the time it takes to open a map and then open another one, and how many Div mods you can get per hour that way, multiplied by the lowest amount of Divs you can get like that each map?

soo its not just me that thinks currency drops got nerfed this league. thx god. i was starting to think i gone crazy
"
123ed123 wrote:
Always abuse early and often I guess or be left in the dust

The 1% leaves you in the dust either way.

People here who say they cant play a lot but suddenly think this divine thing would help them catch up are delusional.
"
Tusk_Luv wrote:
Oh my, you reminded me why I stoped playing PoE in 2020.

Imagine someone working, then on the way home reading about awesome Divine orb mod in maps and also Seer appearance. He's thinking "oh nice, I felt league was boring somewhat, as If almost no changes from Standard, can't wait to roll some maps and try that Divine orb mod people talked about". He comes back, rolls maps, then again, again - and nothing. It's already nerfed in less than a day. In a small patch-note sub-patch B. "Well, I guess i'll just skip this league then".

Don't know why you make such a big difference between people who 24/7 no-life abuse every bad balance you missed in the game and people who just want experience fun league. And target here is to ruin the fun.

Someone who doesn't play a lot or doesn't buy a lot of maps would get the divine mod anyways? You can still get it btw just not stupid amounts of currency now.
This is what happens when there are greedy people playing...

I say, well done to GGG on whatever they do.

Even though some times they screw things up, they fix them afterwards.
People that complain all the time are annoying as fuck.

"Oh why not this?!" "Why not that?!"
"Boohoo" gtfo my favourite game.

I'd you don't like it, don't play it
"
Palonso89 wrote:
"
Tusk_Luv wrote:
Oh my, you reminded me why I stoped playing PoE in 2020.

Imagine someone working, then on the way home reading about awesome Divine orb mod in maps and also Seer appearance. He's thinking "oh nice, I felt league was boring somewhat, as If almost no changes from Standard, can't wait to roll some maps and try that Divine orb mod people talked about". He comes back, rolls maps, then again, again - and nothing. It's already nerfed in less than a day. In a small patch-note sub-patch B. "Well, I guess i'll just skip this league then".

Don't know why you make such a big difference between people who 24/7 no-life abuse every bad balance you missed in the game and people who just want experience fun league. And target here is to ruin the fun.

Exactly the same feeling + group players farming 5 mirrors each group per day which is silly, it scales up prices based on the high end. I stopped believing that GGG is ever testing anything, they just put random numbers to live test it during the league. Last Epoch is destroying this crap in terms of having fun from playing.

Then go play LE?
"
chivakias wrote:
This is what happens when there are greedy people playing...

I say, well done to GGG on whatever they do.

Even though some times they screw things up, they fix them afterwards.
People that complain all the time are annoying as fuck.

"Oh why not this?!" "Why not that?!"
"Boohoo" gtfo my favourite game.

I'd you don't like it, don't play it

good advise . stop playing and stop supporting. i will do just that :) you can stay and play this broken and mediocre league/game :)
Wasnt this kind of exploits to be expected when most of the development resources is moved to PoE2 ? There is a reason why every new league release they start with a big update on PoE2. Most development progression is made there, so it only makes sense a new league in PoE 1 doesn't give the same love, testing and attention as the old leagued did.
That being said, i still love the game, and it does saddens me to see an league that feels put together very quick and without much testing.
Last edited by 1869Flame on Apr 4, 2024, 9:53:58 AM
I don't even know what happened, I'm in sanctum LOLW
It's absolutely astounding how many people base their sole idea of fun on how many Divines they can crank out during a league. If all you care about is making currency, then just play hideout warrior and flip stuff.
Doh, too late =-\
oh well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info