Having now experienced Last Epoch's trade system, I think PoE does it right, actually.

I agree mostly to OP.
PoE bulk trade is in a bad state but I would miss "normal" trade too.
Though it's bad for a seller to leave a map or other event for a trade!

Had a lot of short and some longer chats with people I had traded.
Some become ingame friends but that's far away from RL friends.

Though PoE is (except trade) a single player ARPG (and NOT a MMO!).
You can group for fighting but most players don't do that.
Think reasons are PoE is much too fast to enjoy group play (fights), the disadvanatages of group play are bigger than the advantages.

I have spent years (realy RL netto years) in WoW. To play and fight together in 40 and later 20 or 10-15 player groups (raids) with teamspeak is much more intense group play than some single boss fights in PoE.
Which can be compared with playing a single short instance in WoW.
Last edited by Jerexil on Apr 4, 2024, 2:41:51 PM
"
Xyel wrote:
I would still appreciate PoE getting an AH for currency - spending 20 minutes PMing bots to change a pile of chaos into divines has nothing satisfying in it.

AH will make it even longer. You will have to wait till auction ends.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Apr 4, 2024, 3:48:56 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
AH in LE is so bad you spend more time looking for item than you spend in PoE messaging 50 people that dont respond.

lol, in GGG's books that AH is working as intended.
"
hasatt0 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
AH in LE is so bad you spend more time looking for item than you spend in PoE messaging 50 people that dont respond.

lol, in GGG's books that AH is working as intended.

IIRC PoE console AH is simillar. So yeah.
"
KZA wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:

How about this, you can opt in to a system where you have to use current trade if its so fun, and others get an option for instant trade?

Wouldn't work, unfortunately, because the instant trade is a direct power advantage, and to quote Sid Meier, "Players will optimize the fun out of a game."

I don't need instant trade, I need automated trade.

Make it take 2 days for an item to ship to me, I don't really care. However, I balk at needing to find and beg someone to sell me something.

Maybe the market place changes so that you finalize the deal at an agreed upon price. Delivery is then set to in-person (negotiated delivery tip for speed) or delayed courier. Price is locked in and in escrow. They transfer the item within an hour they get the money, they don't, buyer has the option to either cancel the deal or force it to collections/courier. :)

Last edited by koratrice on Apr 6, 2024, 6:18:05 AM
"
koratrice wrote:

Make it take 2 days for an item to ship to me, I don't really care. However, I balk at needing to find and beg someone to sell me something.

is that the energy you live your life with outside of the game? you go out to get the food shopping and are instantly offended to the tits that you need to "find and beg" people at a supermarket to sell you their items?

you mean i have to find someone whos selling an apple, take it to the til and actually carry out a transaction with a human being in order to have the apple?

OMG!!!!!!!

?

really?

i dont see anyone saying you need to beg anyone for anything, people put stuff up for sale and you buy it from them?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
koratrice wrote:

is that the energy you live your life with outside of the game? you go out to get the food shopping and are instantly offended to the tits that you need to "find and beg" people at a supermarket to sell you their items?

you mean i have to find someone whos selling an apple, take it to the til and actually carry out a transaction with a human being in order to have the apple?

OMG!!!!!!!

?

really?

i dont see anyone saying you need to beg anyone for anything, people put stuff up for sale and you buy it from them?

If you're just buying an apple then you're more likely to self-checkout lol

Also, online shopping is a thing where you one-click buy stuff and have it delivered to you.

Choice is a good thing.
"
KZA wrote:
Surprised? Yeah, I was too.

Sure, the Last Epoch system of instant buyouts 24/7 and never interacting with other humans is convenient, but it isn't... fun. It feels like a single-player game.

PoE's trade, while inconvenient and sometimes frustrating, builds a sense of community. You're messaging real people, seeing their hideouts, some of their accomplishments (level, class, totem of achievements etc) and I often have little chats with them about their builds etc. There's something not quite tangible that I can't put my finger on about this that makes PoE feel a lot more satisfying.

In Last Epoch, it felt like a single player game where I wait for NPC vendors to get better gear for me to buy, and when I find an amazing item to sell, no one knows that it belonged to me, diminishing the satisfaction/pride of having a gg item. They just pick it up from an NPC and that's that.

So yeah, I was expecting Last Epoch's system to make PoE's obsolete, but surprisingly nope. As a compromise, I'd probably be okay with a currency exchange with instant buyout, but not for items.

edit: I play HC... that community has virtually no bots (except some currency traders), and people in general are far more responsive and less toxic than SC.

Lol yeah nothing makes a game feels more alive to teleport open a trade window and then leave.

Poe is a single player game and i can bet you do all your maps alone, so stop kidding yourself : )
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:
I would still appreciate PoE getting an AH for currency - spending 20 minutes PMing bots to change a pile of chaos into divines has nothing satisfying in it.

AH will make it even longer. You will have to wait till auction ends.

That's where instant buyout comes in.
Imagine going to a supermarket and trying to buy an apple, only for the clerk to ignore you until you give up and leave. Or worse, they might try to switch the apple for a rotten one when you're not looking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info