This patch invalidates the Baron, please do not forget about it.

The original idea for The Baron, was for it to be on a Bone Helmet and much rarer.

But at the time they were not allowing Unique Items on those "new" base types, at least not supporter ones.

When it got nerfed i was i think offered a compromise , As the main reason for the nerf was SRS. The idea for the Strength Mod to be changed to something similar to

"Your Strength is added to your Minions not Created Recently" , So you'd summon your zombies and after 4s they would get your strength, SRS on the other hand would not (unless seriously specing into Duration)

The other alternative which may have allowed 100% Strength was only giving it to your Zombies, I declined this as i liked the idea of Iron Will Minion Builds being a thing, Like a Iron-Will Flame Golem build etc, Or even STR Stacking Dom Blow.

And with the new Animate Weapon Gems, STR Stacking Brutus Lead Sprinkler. These odd type of builds.

I'ved ask for Reworks, and or Replica Versions..

If i was getting a Rework it would probably not be what people would want, it would Focus Heavily on being more Defensive.

anyway, im glad there are still Baron Fans out there.

<3
love for the baron please!
Never forget!
Baron Buff plz
:)
Can expect baron to return next patch when life leech is removed from node.
"
hasatt0 wrote:
Can expect baron to return next patch when life leech is removed from node.

I expect it to be pretty powerful as a survival trait; not quite a zoom zoom, and probably reduced later or split into recoup/steal later. When applied to a zoomancer; a build with the mostest summons, it should be very strong.

"
Steven_82 wrote:
"
zemzemkoko wrote:

Please give it a little buff

:D every x zombies you have currently alive increases your curse limit by 1.

But seriously, whatever happens to it, if anything. Its not got enough armour. More would be really nice if its to make a return.

-----------

this change and the unholy might change look really nice, might actually get a poison/chaos build going.

----------------

"
xxn1927 wrote:
I remember when the Necro had +2 to all minion gems in the Ascendancy. It has been a downhill from there.

The crit changes in minion gear and minion crit skills in the tree can replace the +2skills on the damage path. While making it less simple to just +levels and GG. The hats also have +2 all minions now, and thats just a crumbled cookie. The life pool reductions are more constricting on exploding minions too.
Last edited by Gation on Mar 28, 2024, 7:05:28 AM
Like a huge array of things they overnerfed they could just undo the original nerf allow full STR and this item would be solid and useful again.

Making Zombies from Meh to trash by removing their slam is all the nerf this Helm needed to be returned to its former use case.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 28, 2024, 3:58:06 PM
"
zemzemkoko wrote:
Hello dear devs, Zombie Father here.

I'm worried that no one will ever need to play Baron anymore. In this patch you just gave the leech bonus to all minions for relatively free.

This is a good buff for minion players, but I think the leech was the last stronghold the Baron had, and it's a shame to see such a good unique with a great concept go to waste.

Please give it a little buff before the patch so we can justify using it again.

One thing I have in mind is that, zombies are pretty much useless without aggressive behaviour, other than being a meat shield. In order to solve that, zombie players have two options: get an aggressive wand (really expensive to start with) or use feeding frenzy on main link.

On the other hand, zombie health issues are fixed on last patch with gem changes (thank you), so the %10-20 minion life on the Baron no longer needed.

Here is my proposal, remove % life on the Baron and add:

With at least 1000-1500 strength, your raised zombies are aggressive

This should allow us to have another support gem, giving around 30% damage buff (zombies already have pretty low damage) and it gives us another option besides an aggressive wand with the cost of an endgame rare helmet.

The concept is, a worthy Baron's zombies got to be aggressive in nature.

Just my two cents, inspired by this reddit post.

It can also be any other buff, but please, the Baron needs some love!

baron has been long unusable it needed major rework for quite a while now, i think zombie rework is needed to make them better
Delete Baron.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info