"we removed bind to left click for instant skills"

Instead couldn't they make it a completely optional alteration to the gem, whether it's an enchant or transfigured version of the ability or something else?
I love the usual disguising an awful change as a QoL buff. Maybe I'm tight on links, and just want to have it on my left click like a warcry or something. Or convocation, or something. Thanks for making things actively worse.

Always a pioneer in the field, and I'm sure nothing will be done about it as it is insisted this is the correct choice, even though people hate it - and then you'll change it 2 leagues later after it is revealed that lo and behold, it's actually an awful change. Amazing.
"
Pashid wrote:
It's a good prep for PoE2 for those that don't want to use the support gem. The one click more ain't gonna break a hand, or build.

its break my necro
"
Aynix wrote:
I guess the yfound a way how to remove Hexblast Mines from meta with this simple trick!
I loved mine builds but I definitely wont touch them if I cant just put detonate mine on left click. No thankls and fuck you.

true
These gems are great for irl disabilities but why removing the left click option? why not just having both, one for left click enjoyers and the other one for special needs? it's not a sin to have both options for different needs
Eh, throwing an instant skill on left click to be able to use without thinking always felt jank to me. Every skill that has a click-use should be a conscious action TO use it in my personal opinion.

So what next? Remove "Cast without Moving" make it a skill gem, and can call it a QoL?

There is hardly any good reason this is a QoL at all. Most builds don't want to automate a Cry. Cry's are almost always something that you want to use for a condition. Such as Low life, Enduring Cry, Pack of monsters - Infernal Cry, ECT. You don't want them on CD, this is a nerf to all casters and melee as well. Very few melee builds will find automating crys a buff. Slam builds can't use it at all since you need to line up your exerts.

So you lose a socket and a button spot. A nerf to nearly all builds for a small minority.

All this will do is push people to find builds that are strong enough not to need the left click button. It's not making builds more viable it's narrowing them to be even fewer.
Last edited by Valkaneer on Mar 19, 2024, 1:06:52 AM
"
Bleu42 wrote:
Eh, throwing an instant skill on left click to be able to use without thinking always felt jank to me. Every skill that has a click-use should be a conscious action TO use it in my personal opinion.

The support gem does the same but worse,its annoying for a lot of builds and gives nothing back, like adding the gem is fine, removing lmb is just annoying players for no real reason
Last edited by nicolasrm on Mar 19, 2024, 1:08:58 AM
"
nicolasrm wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:

The support gem does the same but worse,its annoying for a lot of builds and gives nothing back, like adding the gem is fine, removing lmb is just annoying players for no real reason

It's worse than being annoying, it's a straight up nerf to every build I can think of. I can't even think of a build off the top of my head this helps. Not only are you losing a button slot, if you use the new support you lose a gem socket too. This is at least a double nerf.

The only people this helps are people who never use their skill gems because they are to lazy to push more than one button, because even if the skill is being used constantly at the wrong time, at least it's being used. So this only helps the worst of the worst players in PoE, and maybe some very few situational builds out there.
Hopefully necromancers can still put bone armor on left click. Otherwise it can't be automated at all unless they put a socket in the ascendancy node area for it to link to something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info