They will delete MF in 3.24?

the thing to remember is that the devs actually really like MF as a concept and want it in their game.

a lot of times i see mf discussed its sort of can they remove it? will there be too much backlash? theres sometimes a presumption that mf is a problem, the devs know this hence the devs want to find a way to take it out.

they dont, they love mf and want it in their game, want it in poe2.

im a long term mf hater, i dont like the idea of making your character worse for more reward, i feel like making your character better gives you more rewards and that makes sense.

but, after years of hearing chris defend mf and shaking my head in a recent interview jonathan spoke about it. i guess he just worded it differently, he said he talked with chris about it and what they liked was that it gave a different vector for a character to be powerful. so its not just about damage, it stops the answer to the game always being more damage and gives you another competing avenue that you can go down to improve your character.

i found that interesting and i actually sort of 'got it' for the first time, im not sure im a born again convert but i can appreciate it more.

even if i buy into that idea, and sure i see the merits, the problem with our current MF is the way its implimented. they removed quant from rares and left it on uniques, and that means the uniques have now become an item set and for all the reasons an item set is horrible this current implementation of MF is horrible.

i quite like the idea going round of allowing item quantity to be a stat on gold rings and gold amulets, like the way bone rings can roll minion mods not in the normal pool. then get rid of quant from goldwyrms and sadimas. dont bring quant back on all rare gear, ditch it from existing on the boot and glove slot, keep the ventors rings but allow us to find rare gold rings that can roll with up to say 12% quant so we can get back to magic find builds being interesting. not this unique item set, items that can be upgraded, if you want to get rarity boots, gloves, hats etc cool, proper gear sets again like we used to have before quant was removed from rares.
Mf is not going anywhere
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
why remove it?

it was only this league that MF was the best option

see you again in 2028
d:-D*
Well, keep dreaming
the game just needs smaller numbers.
juicing should be doubling things, not adding 50,000%

no one should be running a map and seeing hundreds of uniques drop.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.
"
HurkWurk wrote:

why not
it's fun
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
HurkWurk wrote:

999 out of 1000 unqies arre not even worth picking up so its fine.
In 3.24, you will no longer find the magic... The magic will find YOU.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
HurkWurk wrote:

lol, its true.

but you could also make the argument that 999 out of 1000 uniques are not worth picking up BECAUSE people find 100 uniques in a map.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
HurkWurk wrote:

lol, its true.

but you could also make the argument that 999 out of 1000 uniques are not worth picking up BECAUSE people find 100 uniques in a map.

Could be true for few uniques, but for most of them not. Most unqiues are worthless not because how common they are but because they are just plain garbage and never worth using. Look at new T0 uniques. THey have same rarity as HH and MB and they are still worth 1-5 chaos orbs because they are just garbage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info