Account Moderation Update

"
kyobusa wrote:
D4 wins again.

D4 is yet to even leave the "Starting" line but to be fair to your quote, which I hate to do, this is a terrible move by GGG.
My wallet will be taking this into consideration.
"
neonive wrote:
My wallet will be taking this into consideration.
That is NOT nice.
"
Fart_Smucker wrote:
"
kyobusa wrote:
D4 wins again.

D4 is yet to even leave the "Starting" line.

That is ALSO not nice, is why I agree with this new update.
Shhh.
"
kyobusa wrote:
"
Fart_Smucker wrote:
"
kyobusa wrote:
D4 wins again.

D4 is yet to even leave the "Starting" line.

That is ALSO not nice, is why I agree with this new update.

Salutations paid chatter
"
Traoth wrote:

Salutations paid chatter
That's a 96 hour'r.
"
Traoth wrote:
"
Iznuts wrote:
"
srsbdnus wrote:
This is a terrible change and you all are quite aware of it already.

Players cannot even post how your own game mechanics work in general chat without getting a mute because the mechanics need to be copy and pasted. Then you are auto muted for copy/pasting long messages.

What a joke.

point them to the wiki and they can do their own research instead of posting walls of text into chat. problem solved.

Ah right the classic "google it" really helps new players stick around and doesn't make them resent the community as being toxic and unhelpful. On top of that, not like the wikis are always correct either. Especially when the first link is usually always the wrong wiki.

i remember when looking up info wasnt considered "toxic" but the right thing to do first if the info was readily available. this hand holding entitlement thing is out of control. you can go back to chat boards/irc days and people even then would tell you to spend a little time to look up info, telling people to look up stuff isnt a new thing. hell theres youtube vids that explain a good chunk of the basic questions newbies ask. i spent a good chunk of time watching them when i started, i dont have a problem explaining if they ask a specific question and they dont understand a specific thing but general questions... go find 1 of the many easily available resources that explain it.

being to lazy to spend 2 minutes to find some info on your own should be a basic thing you do before you ask questions.
its like price checks, sure i'll price check your item, its 1 div up front to spend my time doing something you're to lazy to do on your own.

edit to say - if they're new point them to youtube price checking guide theres dozens of youtube videos that explain how to do it and will be much easier then me having to posts walls of text on explaining it.

you could i guess point them at the wiki then ask them to message you but we all know how that goes nowadays, they'll message you in 5 seconds anyways saying they cant find anything... and then you can post your walls of text in a message.

and those "accidental mistakes" of posting you sale items on global arent accidental most of the time, they want a buyer immediately and dont want to wait for somebody to search for their item. nobody but bots and people looking to ripoff newbs use the trade channel, which is pretty easy to see when stuff is 10X the price there then the prices doing a trade search, people use their sales tab.
Last edited by Iznuts on Feb 13, 2024, 11:55:01 PM
This is a big mistake.
Just got a 2 hour mute.

Before I evolve into 6 month status I'm out.

See you scrubs in poe2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info