[3.24] Undying Vampire - Colin Robinson Build! | Exsang 2x Overleech | League Starter | Progressive

Hello everyone!

I played around with the POB and figured out a few theoretical improvements:
* Swapped the amulet for Replica Dragonfang, which provides +3 to all Exsanguinate gems == more damage
* Changing the amulet also allows us to re-introduce Herald of Purity (the amulet has additional Mana Reservation Efficiency) for even more damage
* Switched the passive provided by Skin of the Loyal to Wind Dancer instead of Zealot's Oath (it was recommended in the notes but not reflected in the POB) - this also allows us to optimize passive points a little bit to get full elemental avoidance
* Optimized passive points to grab a jewel slot for Ancestral Vision, which provides 51% Elemental Avoidance
* Switched the Mastery for Damage Suppression to "Prevent additional 3% damage", since the previous one is useless with full ele avoidance
* Improved the boots to also have a crafted 25% chance to avoid ele damage and an additional 25% chance to avoid ele from Eater implicit - this, combined with Ancestral Vision, gives us full elemental ailment immunity
* Switched the Minor God on Pantheon to Soul of Shakari, for additional protection against our weakness - damage over time, especially chaos (we don't need reduced ignite duration anymore, since we are ele ailment immune now)

I also added Exsanguinate of Transmission to the main gem setup, the numbers seem good. Would need to see in practice whether it's better than normal Exsanguinate? Anyway, I think it's better to ditch Chain (and swapping it to Swift Affliction for bosses) and instead run one of the Exsanguinates all the time, maybe switch to Exsang. of Trans. for mapping, if someone wants to bother

If Exsanguinate of Transmission is good enough for clear so that explosions are not needed anymore then maybe some better gloves can be used instead of Asenath's Gentle Touch. That being said, Asenath's Temporal Chains on hit and Blind are also very nice, so I think these might actually stay (maybe some expensive crafted gloves might be better? dunno)

Anyway, here is an experimental POB with all those changes: https://pobb.in/kXu6gjqbDuR9

I'm not including this POB in the main page yet as this is only theoretical POB-warrioring - treat it as experimental :)
Woah! Thanks for the upgrade!!!! Please continue with your upgrades, I used your build and I'm having a blast. I reached 100 for the very first time and of course that any improvement you can do I'd be happy to use.
Last edited by turboraton on May 7, 2024, 8:48:23 PM
"
turboraton wrote:
Woah! Thanks for the upgrade!!!! Please continue with your upgrades, I used your build and I'm having a blast. I reached 100 for the very first time and of course that any improvement you can do I'd be happy to use.

Wow, that's awesome! I never made it to 100 myself :o

I've made a character to test the theories and prepare an update for the next league.

So far I'm only level 81 and I have noticed the following:
* Exsanguinate of Transmission feel really nice for clear, but the "hit" component is much lower (the "dot" component is higher though)
* Combining Exsang. of Trans. with Asenath's gloves seems like a great and cheap setup for initial and mid-game mapping, the clear is great
* I find Unleash to work great with Exsanguinate, as it applies all 3 stages of the DOT at a single cast. Especially important for Exsang. of Trans. as it relies more on the DOT
* The hit component of Exsang. of Trans. seems to be enough to provide leech to sustain ourselves, but I need to test that in more advanced content
* I think the late game gem setup will be EoT - Swift Affliction - Brutality - Cruelty - Controlled Destruction - Unleash. Possibly Unleash can be swapped for Energy Leech, but I will test that once I get to end game
* I think Vulnerability and double curse is not worth it. We spend around 5 points to get Whispers of Doom for second curse and Vuln itself doesn't do as much. I've experimented a bit and moved the points into a cluster jewel instead. That will provide us with about 7 mil dmg (vs current 4.8), but need to test in practice. This also makes it easier to craft the rings, since we don't need vulnerability on hit any more (or do we? more on that below). It also helps a bit with chaos res, since we can get it on the cluster jewel passives
* Asenath's gloves are great and cheap, but expensive late game gloves give us a 24% more damage, which is a lot. I'm not sure how feasible it is to craft those though, as they are double-influenced (hunter + warlord), will try to figure it out once I get there. These gloves also might help with chaos res, since we can slap it on them
* With the late game gloves replacing Asenath's, we lose Temporal Chains and have a Curse slot free - at this point it might make sense to use the "Vulnerability on hit" ring, but I will consider different options
* "Wind Dancer" seems to be a trap, I think it would be better to take a different keystone on Skin of the Lords (one which we otherwise pick in the tree, like Lethe Shade or something)
Last edited by Myzreal on May 14, 2024, 3:55:55 AM
One question my friend, how do I craft those boots? (the new ones for the 100% chance to avoid ailments) I seem to be full of suffixes? Sorry if the question is too dumb.
Last edited by turboraton on May 15, 2024, 2:05:02 AM
"
turboraton wrote:
One question my friend, how do I craft those boots? (the new ones for the 100% chance to avoid ailments) I seem to be full of suffixes? Sorry if the question is too dumb.

Don't worry, no question is dumb, feel free to ask anything!

The ailment immunity boots are a theoretical upgrade, I haven't tried making them yet (working on that, leveling a character currently :) )

That being said, I have definitely used boots like that in the past, so it is possible (and not very hard if I remember correctly)

I will provide full details (basically a version 2.0 of this build) once I mamage to level up a character and test all the new theories. Just need some time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info