Will Hardcore be dead in PoE 2?

"
Jradlot21 wrote:
With this new overhead camera Dark Souls approach they are taking with Path of Exile, is hardcore going to even be an option anymore??

Care to elaborate WHY would POE 2 not have hardcore? I see simply no strong relation between both. We still have no clue how hard the game will be in 1.5 YEARS when it is released.
"
"
Xystre wrote:
should be what the difficulty says I think.. not macrocore when you're in trouble.

They fixed logout macro in PoE2 by having the instances freeze.
And do those 'frozen instances' survive indefinitely or no?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
"
Xystre wrote:
should be what the difficulty says I think.. not macrocore when you're in trouble.

They fixed logout macro in PoE2 by having the instances freeze.
And do those 'frozen instances' survive indefinitely or no?

No they do not, Thanks for reminding me.

So truly they didn't fix anything but if there's at least a timer on it i can accept it as a solution.

I had posted on adding a logout-timer for a long time and this is much less toxic to the player than a logout timer but also offers a slight discouragement from abusing it.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 31, 2023, 12:10:19 PM
There will be an audience for POE 2 Hardcore and few of them will really excel at it but it will be a very small minority, smaller than current HC base.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
There will be an audience for POE 2 Hardcore and few of them will really excel at it but it will be a very small minority, smaller than current HC base.

Waste of a perfectly good gamemode, I still think they messed up bigtime by not making it so that when you die in hardcore-challenge-league that you go to the normal-challenge-league allowing players to start-in-hardcore and experience it but still fallback on the default league if it proves too difficult.

for some reason Chris will just not do it despite the boost to hardcore engagement it would provide and it would suit a wider playerbase, some people would play a mix, some would just go back to hardcore and reroll.

That's how it is anyway in the current system except it punishes people who don't want to continue playing hardcore and discourages trying hardcore in general.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 31, 2023, 12:58:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info