Will Hardcore be dead in PoE 2?

With this new overhead camera Dark Souls approach they are taking with Path of Exile, is hardcore going to even be an option anymore??
Last edited by Jradlot21 on Jul 30, 2023, 1:00:24 PM
Last bumped on Jul 31, 2023, 12:57:16 PM
Maybe it will actually be hardcore instead of oh i'm about to die, better logout macro
"
imanubcake wrote:
Maybe it will actually be hardcore instead of oh i'm about to die, better logout macro

I almost never logout and strictly play Hardcore. Logout macros are for pussies I have always said that. That's not my point. I am wondering if Hardcore is even going to be possible for anyone but no-lifers.

If you are relying on a macro to stay alive just go play softcore.
Last edited by Jradlot21 on Jul 30, 2023, 1:06:53 PM
Is there some source implying that instances stay alive indefinitely? Because if they dont you still can save your char with logout (macro or no). And there may be patches etc.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Hardcore is dead and not for lack of trying to save it.

A future where hardcore is left out is not a future i wanted (as a standard oriented player) equal treatment is something i've always expected for everyone where possible.

Hardcore could have been so much better and a bigger part of our gameplay loop and learning-process from new player to seasoned veteran and the fact that Ruthles was released basically tells me there is no more hardcore its just a legacy mode on life support not that it wasn't already in that exact state for like 5+++ years.

This future is false, It feels like a failed cashgrab on uppers.
Innocence forgives you
should be what the difficulty says I think.. not macrocore when you're in trouble.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Jradlot21 wrote:
With this new overhead camera Dark Souls approach they are taking with Path of Exile, is hardcore going to even be an option anymore??
Why wouldn't it be?
"
Xystre wrote:
should be what the difficulty says I think.. not macrocore when you're in trouble.

They fixed logout macro in PoE2 by having the instances freeze.
Innocence forgives you
I hope along with the no logout macro gameplay gone it will cut down on the disconnect deaths as well, I would expect an increase in hc players if this were the case. Nothing like losing your character when your not even in control of it.
Hope you like leveling A LOT
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info