PoE2 is neither "Diablo 4.5" nor "PoE Permanent Ruthless Edition"

"
Obyrith wrote:
"
zakalwe55 wrote:
Meh, GGG built Ruthless mode. Was there a lot of player demand for it? There was developer demand for it though.
The idea of a "hard mode" was floating around for years and got a positive reception from players who liked the sound of a slower-paced version of the game with fewer more meaingful drops. Obviously the pulse had to come from ggg because they're the ones developing the game. I personally came back to the game because of it.

And thanks to this I played a little more in the last two leagues to test, ruthless doesn't fix big problems with the game, it only masks, slows down the game by reducing the drop of things and of course crafting which is practically non-existent but there are some ways to do it in a basic way
"
1453R wrote:

One of Jonathan's stated primary goals for PoE2 was for someone completely unfamiliar with path of Exile to walk up behind someone playing Path 2 and say "oh wow, that looks like a really cool action game." And once the Really Cool Action Game has drawn people in, they will then discover "oh fuck, look at all this crazy depth and customization behind the really cool action gameplay! This is awesome!"

Well but what we seen from PoE 2 it looks boring this is why so many hate posts are being writen all the time.

"
No one has ever once, in the entire history of humankind, looked at footage of Path of Exile the First and said "oh wow, this looks like a really cool action game." Path 1 either looks like a stiff, stilted, decidedly aged and dated D2 wannabe if someone's looking at early campaign gameplay, or an LSD-fueled kaleidoscopic nightmare of incomprehensible drug-addled lunacy if they're looking at somebody with a tweaked-out endgame build.

It's just you. You have 0 challenges on this league so it means you didn't even finish campaign and that means you don't play this game. So why listen to person that probably won't even play PoE no mater if they change it to be faster, slower or Darks Souls of HnS games.
Ruthless is not Poe 2 no no no
I think we should all jump to wild conclusions and get into heated arguments about a game that's a year+ out.

What actually was the point of this exilecon btw?
"
ladish wrote:
I think we should all jump to wild conclusions and get into heated arguments about a game that's a year+ out.

What actually was the point of this exilecon btw?

good question. what was a point of it ? to announce that beta is still a year away and complete game even further away ?
If I'd have to guess:
While developing PoE 2 since 2019, they realised they couldn't implement their desired changes into current PoE. And they likely plan to change a lot more in Poe 2 i guess. Now, before going full ham, they tried to check the reaction of the audience with the version we got to see, therefore exilcon.
Just do it! And keep it simple -
Things will become complicated by itself.
very happy with poe2 everything i see is mind blowing for me

it can not be better for me :) and everything will improve over the next few year , let just hope this will not come out of control too much overtime :)

this is a massive step up compare poe 1 beta and release

again i`m not worry at all for the game difficulty, player trying the game right now have any knowledge on the game mechanic and have poor gear ,

range and caster will dont have to roll that much is more a told for melee to be better
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Jul 30, 2023, 3:53:41 PM
"
charley222 wrote:

it can not be better for me :) and everything will improve over the next few year , let just hope this will not come out of control too much overtime :)

again i`m not worry at all for the game difficulty, player trying the game right now have any knowledge on the game mechanic and have poor gear ,

range and caster will dont have to roll that much is more a told for melee to be better

well considering that crafting got reduced in poe 2 like 80%. yes you will not be able to roll that much anyway :D
"
anti4z500 wrote:
"
charley222 wrote:

well considering that crafting got reduced in poe 2 like 80%. yes you will not be able to roll that much anyway :D
i`m not worry poe 1 on release dont have much crafting , new crating feature will be add and improve over the next few year the same of poe1 :)
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Jul 30, 2023, 4:21:09 PM
"
Reinhart wrote:
There was a small discussion regarding this on the codex as well. The thing is there is a difference between a loot-based ARPG (POE 1 & Diablo 2) vs a skill-based ARPG (Dark Souls & POE 2).

Dude, that's just wrong. POE 2 is still a Diablo-style ARPG. It's nothing like Dark Souls.
Ninja.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info