Will PoE 2 fix everything?

no it wont, anything built on a lie be it intentional or not is likely doomed to fail.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 30, 2023, 10:32:54 AM
poe2 is gonna be marked by coming of the second messiah.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
In terms of what context? It's LITERALLY two different games now like it's not even close least in the beginning.

And the copium begins.

Well, at least is a good opportunity to see if they are inherently bad at balancing, being it's a "new game" and all.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
And that's why it's utterly impossible to please Path of Exile 1 people.

Change one thing, once - allow the tides of time to bend your views and change your mind in light of new facts and evidence - and this playerbase will hound you endlessly for it until the end of god damn time.

Sometimes I'm amazed Chris didn't take his Tencent money, flip all y'all the biggest stiffest bird he could, and retire to Honolulu to leave this nasty spitty vicious ungrateful 'community' of snakes, trolls, and reprobates to whichever poor sorry fucker had to inherit the chair.
hahhaha, you re already inventing the poe 1 people. i am dyiing.
It will fix everything for the developers. It WILL BE the game they want to play.
8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
"
1453R wrote:
And that's why it's utterly impossible to please Path of Exile 1 people.

Change one thing, once - allow the tides of time to bend your views and change your mind in light of new facts and evidence - and this playerbase will hound you endlessly for it until the end of god damn time.

Sometimes I'm amazed Chris didn't take his Tencent money, flip all y'all the biggest stiffest bird he could, and retire to Honolulu to leave this nasty spitty vicious ungrateful 'community' of snakes, trolls, and reprobates to whichever poor sorry fucker had to inherit the chair.

Not all of us are vicious snakes, But when you say you're going to do something specific, take peoples money in the process and then deliver the opposite of that.. What is the definition of that?

This isn't what they promised, its a death sentence for PoE both 1 and 2 and it's just going to take everyone a little bit longer to see it.

ARPG is a joke term here, this is a sandbox rpg at its very core, sandbox games require very specific things to be highly successful and they are currently in the process of removing those things and simplifying them, look at the guardian tree for PoE1 this is a fine example of how things will begin to be shaped until the illusion of choice is all you have left and i have played plenty of bad mmorpg's that only keep their games on life support that started out really good but ended up where PoE is trying to go.

I guess that would be a lot easier to balance though.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 30, 2023, 11:35:17 AM
One of the current problems with PoE is that everyone has:

(1) Their own unique set of problems about the game

(2) Their own priority ranking of those problems

(3) A list that is a polar opposite to someone else's list

With that in mind, having two games in the same genre to act as an outlet to solving those problems is probably a better scenario. Oh and now might be a good time for a 4th note

(4) GGG isn't developing either game to solve what players think is wrong with the game or the genre. They're making the games that they think are fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info