ExileCon 2023 - Event Streaming Code of Conduct

It's a sad day when, when common sense has to be put into guidelines.
"
FlanxLycanth wrote:
who up conducting they code

me ong
So basic human decency. Sad this needs a news post.

Enjoy exilecon everyone!
you guys forgot one more rule there.

People take a fricin shower before you go exilecon.
fk archnemesis.
"
SuperDrop wrote:
you guys forgot one more rule there.

People take a fricin shower before you go exilecon.

and don't forget the deodorant
what's on the menu for the ULTRA VIP DINNER?
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
what's on the menu for the ULTRA VIP DINNER?

baby rhoa i guess?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Streaming should be banned. Just post your own official video/stream...

I can guarantee there are going to be numerous idiot streamers that ignore this entirely and won't be caught by officials.

Pics/Videos...fine. But constant, always-on video streaming to thousands of other people that will undoubtedly capture other people who may or may not be okay with it? Bad move.

"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Streaming should be banned. Just post your own official video/stream...

I can guarantee there are going to be numerous idiot streamers that ignore this entirely and won't be caught by officials.

Pics/Videos...fine. But constant, always-on video streaming to thousands of other people that will undoubtedly capture other people who may or may not be okay with it? Bad move.

When you go to wal-mart are you viscerally aware and resentful that people can look at you?

Is it really so different to be "caught" nameless and unknown momentarily walking past a live stream? I mean no one cares that you or anyone else is in some streamers vod for 30 days. I can't imagine devoting mental energy to it. Much less feeling entitled to go through life never being filmed in passing.

Sensativity and personal concerns at some point have to meet up (and importantly: compromise) with practicality, pragmatism and the facts of life. No one has a right to demand that the world make public/event spaces into secure anonymous camera free safe zones.

I'm looking forward to Quin's IRL streams, because I can't go and his POV will be the closest I can get. Watching the canned presentations (which I'll do as well) isn't the same. Its an event in a semi public space that is partly for marketing a game, streamers are free publicity and more important than that (to gamers) "free" 2nd hand access for more people than the event could possibly have accommodated. Not only that but if they can't IRL stream it, there's almost no POE streamers to watch for many days/week

And you want them to forbid that because someone might be camera shy? Doesn't this strike you as just a tad bit inconsiderate of the vast majority of people?
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Jul 18, 2023, 9:44:49 PM
Good job bois! Though this is a common sense if you will but we've been having a lack of this these days. In addition, this makes it so everything is crystal clear. People from different places are coming here so their idea of what is acceptable in their country may not be acceptable in ExileCon. This is a great tip I would copy in our own company events.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info