So there is no way crucible is going to become a permanent mechanic right?

Pretty sure crucible will go the way of harvest. I have a lot of time to play but i am not a good player and my explosive arrow character just walks through the game. Not anywhere near min maxed and i have lvl 30 explosive arrow. I'm going to enjoy the league while it lasts. I don't think it will carry over unless they nerf the hell out of it like they did Harvest and i don't know how they could nerf this mechanic? Anyone else thinking something similar or completely different even?
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2023, 1:42:10 AM
almost no shot since it's a big power creep.

But honestly I think it's sad that literally nothing has gone core since expedition.

Ya, some things were added to the game like archnemesis and some scourge mechanics.

But nothing has went core that is also added to the atlas passive tree since expedition.

That means we are just farming the same old mechanics with nothing new except the new league mechanic. Personally, I think it was exciting when a new league mechanic went core and you saw the new passives for it on the tree.

Now it's like, well I guess I'll start expedition and essences....again and then go into deli and legion...again...
I hope not fucking HUGE power creep and I'm laughing at the WHAAA NERFF OH NUU :_; the amount of power given to you is like RIDICULOUS it's not even funny take example this fucking bow right here

Explode totem literally the most powerful build in the game doing about 1-5b DPS without much investment it's so stupid but in general that's just one of the things and if it does go core I hope they nerf a lot of shit funny part is most people don't even know most of why crucible is broken because it's a shit mechanic sure but it is BEYOND broken in terms if you know what the fuck you're doing.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
I hope not fucking HUGE power creep and I'm laughing at the WHAAA NERFF OH NUU :_; the amount of power given to you is like RIDICULOUS it's not even funny take example this fucking bow right here

Explode totem literally the most powerful build in the game doing about 1-5b DPS without much investment it's so stupid but in general that's just one of the things and if it does go core I hope they nerf a lot of shit funny part is most people don't even know most of why crucible is broken because it's a shit mechanic sure but it is BEYOND broken in terms if you know what the fuck you're doing.

I'd rather see it not go core than being nerfed, because I can't imagine a way to nerf it and still stay somehow attractive.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I'm curious to see if explode totems even survive the league. I think the more people start pursuing such a modest investment path to insta-phasing Ubers, the less likely that is. I have no skin in that game myself, but still interesting to wait and see if they want to face the pitch forks or not... :P
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
In it's current state, for sure not. On the other hand the idea of items having skill trees might be further explored. The game for sure needs some new mechanics, new way to customize characters.

When was the last time a big new permanent customisation mechanics introduced?
I would believe it was Clusters Jewels in Delirium and if we speak about small things then probably Eldritch Implicits from Siege of Atlas.

It looks like up to Expedition, game was growing and evolving every year. Now, sans the league exclusive mechanic, it went to stale.
How many leagues the last two years have gone core?

I think weapon trees will be part of POE2 and will be integrated in some fashion into the new skill gem sockets that are coming in POE2.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
If any part of it goes core, it'll need some reworking. This has the feel of a 'we might add it later' sort of mechanic than something that'll slide right in.
No league has gone core in 18+ months, and this throwaway league is no different.

Next league too. Until PoE2 comes out we are going to see this type of design. Nerf players overall, and then toss in some temporary power creep in a mechanic they know won't live past 3 months.

I think it's terrible desgin philosophy, but its clear we are locked in for now.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info