[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

about to get my first nimis - how important is dex to non-crit?
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Spoiler
OK boss (corosou),
Can't generate rage, too many buttons for my 70 year old hands.
Obviously getting almost impossible to get more levels unless i get divs for 5 way buy ins.
So any ideas for me?
Got a cheap watchers but i don't think anger is good for me or not?
Still having fun tho and thanks for the guide.

I swore I saw you using Emancipation Belt? With that you just get hit once to get cursed with Temporal Chains, then use your Life Flask to gain Max Rage, then Berserk, and repeat. Unfortunately, it won't get any easier than that, and it's both a huge benefit for DPS and survivability.

Unfortunately, that watcher's I bet you can't notice if you have it or not, tbh...

If you just want to level safely, you roll maps Blue with Alteration Orbs for easy mods and go. You can also go to /global 820 and join "XP leech" parties; just make sure you have Chaos Res capped.

Speaking of Chaos REs, you still need to change that Quartz flask to Amethyst. You already have phasing from tree.

Also, you should use an Omen of the Jeweller to 6socket your Axe, they are only 20c.

"
gaiabulbanix wrote:
Spoiler
about to get my first nimis - how important is dex to non-crit?

Not important at all...

GL both
Last edited by corosou on Apr 9, 2024, 3:49:36 PM
What would you recommend in the way of getting the curse enemies with vulnerability on hit other than those gloves? I was guessing a ring is the best option. Any other unique gloves you recommend besides the Tanu Ahi ones? Would regular gloves with appropriate stats like these work ok you think? I am wanting to get all the stuff I need to swap over to the crit build this weekend.

--------
Projectiles Pierce an additional Target (implicit)
15% chance to Extinguish Enemies on Hit (implicit)
--------
Adds 6 to 10 Physical Damage to Attacks
10% increased Attack Speed
+75 to maximum Life
0.26% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana

I managed to squeeze in:
Herald of Purity
Purity of Element
Pride
Determination
and Skitterbots
edit: (and a level 3 Precision haha, because my accuracy was somehow 97% and that's enough to fix it)

Without using a single Enlighten level 4 :D

15% Increased Damage from the Shock Bot and 15% less Action Speed from the Chill Bot for ALL enemies that matters is such a good Offense/Defense, I wanted to do my own twist :)

So many Auras

Yeah I'm headless, got a problem with that?

Also, Hypotermia becomes a 30% More Damage support, to switch returning projectiles when Nimis is acquired :D

https://pobb.in/U3Pe58M5FCw4

I think my next step is farming for a Nimis, I've built my cluster jewels to ensure I can tank the loss of 38 Int from my left ring.
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Apr 10, 2024, 1:15:43 PM
Thanks for posting such a detailed guide. I came back to POE after a few years, so I was rusty and wasn't aware of some of the new mechanics and your guide was really helpful for me to try a new build. I'm really enjoying the build and trying a few tweaks out. I think I'll change my ammy anoint so that I can run determination in helm.

What character level makes sense to change over to crit version or cluster jewels? I bought a nice set of large/med/med cluster jewels similar to what OP has.
Last edited by Th3Franz on Apr 10, 2024, 4:17:56 AM
Ralakesh is becoming more affordable by the day. Any plans to go back to that or stick with Dawnstrider?

I've been using Ralakesh since I got them, but the sudden 30% movespeed removal from dawnstrider is very noticeable.
"
Freakynorm wrote:
Spoiler
What would you recommend in the way of getting the curse enemies with vulnerability on hit other than those gloves? I was guessing a ring is the best option. Any other unique gloves you recommend besides the Tanu Ahi ones? Would regular gloves with appropriate stats like these work ok you think? I am wanting to get all the stuff I need to swap over to the crit build this weekend.

--------
Projectiles Pierce an additional Target (implicit)
15% chance to Extinguish Enemies on Hit (implicit)
--------
Adds 6 to 10 Physical Damage to Attacks
10% increased Attack Speed
+75 to maximum Life
0.26% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana

Sure... use whatever you like. Experiment and find out what you prefer.

"
LordAzuRa wrote:
Spoiler
I managed to squeeze in:
Herald of Purity
Purity of Element
Pride
Determination
and Skitterbots
edit: (and a level 3 Precision haha, because my accuracy was somehow 97% and that's enough to fix it)

Without using a single Enlighten level 4 :D

15% Increased Damage from the Shock Bot and 15% less Action Speed from the Chill Bot for ALL enemies that matters is such a good Offense/Defense, I wanted to do my own twist :)

So many Auras

Yeah I'm headless, got a problem with that?

Also, Hypotermia becomes a 30% More Damage support, to switch returning projectiles when Nimis is acquired :D

https://pobb.in/U3Pe58M5FCw4

I think my next step is farming for a Nimis, I've built my cluster jewels to ensure I can tank the loss of 38 Int from my left ring.

Nicely done! But, in my 3.22 testing Grace felt better than Determination, and the Cluster Jewel Reservation for it "Sublime Form" gives you +10 all res, which the Determination one does not, so that comes in handy. I suggest testing both and see which you like best.

Though... If you plan on giving T17s a shot, you might want to consider running both Grace and Determination, as they are pretty tough content, but in my testing, DPS is enough with Returning Proj support, so with a Nimis more than enough to complete them.

T17 trash mobs are not insane hard, and if one is good at boss mechanics, they are definitely doable, plus there is that scarab that lets you save portals, so with some tweaking the build can do them.

Skitters are great! I've used it with this build from time to time; useful in Sanctum linked with Unbound Ailments.

Hypothermia is awesome, as long as you have that guaranteed Chill, so just make sure you do some testing on bosses and confirm it is getting applied properly. Skitters should do it, though.

"
Th3Franz wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for posting such a detailed guide. I came back to POE after a few years, so I was rusty and wasn't aware of some of the new mechanics and your guide was really helpful for me to try a new build. I'm really enjoying the build and trying a few tweaks out. I think I'll change my ammy anoint so that I can run determination in helm.

What character level makes sense to change over to crit version or cluster jewels? I bought a nice set of large/med/med cluster jewels similar to what OP has.

YW, glad ur enjoying!

You can switch to crit once you have Replica Wings. Doesn't really matter what level.

"
Junodude wrote:
Spoiler
Ralakesh is becoming more affordable by the day. Any plans to go back to that or stick with Dawnstrider?

I've been using Ralakesh since I got them, but the sudden 30% movespeed removal from dawnstrider is very noticeable.

Nah, probably sticking with Dawnstrider's this time. We'll see... may want more reliable Charges for T17. Dunno yet, still pretty poor ATM.

GL all!
Last edited by corosou on Apr 10, 2024, 11:55:06 AM
Hummm, I'm just not a fan of Evasion in general because it always feels like "You're alive, and now you're not (when you get hit)".

Especially with my currently low 2.5K HP, I'm satisfied at 13M DPS, going up to 17M once I have Nimis and Hypotermia, so the plan is to focus on life nodes in the next 5 levels (I'll be 96) and go up to 3.6K HP.

Maybe I'll give grace another try then...

Or I'll have a swap cluster from Pride to Grace and swap Pride out of my setup for Grace if I ever want to tackle T17s :)

Of everything's I've read, it appears that Skitters can't fail to apply their chill or their shock, on anything.
"
LordAzuRa wrote:
Spoiler
Hummm, I'm just not a fan of Evasion in general because it always feels like "You're alive, and now you're not (when you get hit)".

Especially with my currently low 2.5K HP, I'm satisfied at 13M DPS, going up to 17M once I have Nimis and Hypotermia, so the plan is to focus on life nodes in the next 5 levels (I'll be 96) and go up to 3.6K HP.

Maybe I'll give grace another try then...

Or I'll have a swap cluster from Pride to Grace and swap Pride out of my setup for Grace if I ever want to tackle T17s :)

Of everything's I've read, it appears that Skitters can't fail to apply their chill or their shock, on anything.

What I ended up doing for 3.22 10k+ wisp juiced maps was: Grace + Purity of Elem. + Arctic Armour + Pride + War Banner.

You can do Herald of Purity + Skitterbots instead of Pride probably.

GL

Hello, Ive reached the gear you currently have, though im not sure about what to build next in terms of minmaxing. Would the appropriate endgame setup be the gear you were using back in 3.23(hh, nimis, ralakesh, etc)?

Thank you for your time, the guide and devotion to this thread(PS this is the first time Ive gotten this far, thanks a ton for this build)!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info