Kalandra's Touch Ring does not "reflect" rings in other slot as described..

I spent 3 weeks grinding heavily to get a Kalandra's ring because the description implies that it exactly reflects the ring in the other slot.

To my massive disappointment it does not respect right/left slot ring modifiers as is implied.

Kalandra's Touch + Shavronne's Revelation should double the effect of whatever mods the ring is providing... but instead it cancels them out.

This means it doesnt actually "reflect" the ring in the other slot...

I hope this is unintentional and a bug that be fixed but Im guessing the awareness around it is quite low as the ring is ultra rare.
Last bumped on Sep 12, 2024, 9:43:59 PM
The issue is the interpretation of the word "reflect" and what it reflects. The ring says "Reflects your other Ring" and this is what it does, meaning it is like having two Shavronne's Revelation one in each slot, thus one is counted as "left slot" and the other on the "right slot".

You seem to interpret the effect as "reflects the active modifiers of your other ring" and in my opinion, this doesn't match what the ring actually says.

My interpretation and expectation of both rings would be that you neither can regenerate mana or energy shield, but get +250 mana and +250 ES.
> Fixed a bug which allowed the Bestiary craft using The Black Morrigan Recipe to not respect item socket rules.

This company can't get any worse.
Last edited by LimeKoala on Oct 22, 2022, 12:44:20 PM
"
bobby3127 wrote:

To my massive disappointment it does not respect right/left slot ring modifiers as is implied.

That really isn't implied at all.
It copies the stats of your other ring, but obviously its still on different slot then the other one.
"An it harm none, do what you will"
It should double the effects of whatever the ring is equipped in the other slot.

+1 str on the ring = +1 str from the kalandra's touch.
Its reflected. Or doubled if you want to look at it that way.

I dont know if GGG just got lazy with the coding - but it doesnt work the way it seems its intended to with the whole right slot / left slot modifier shenanigans.

Are they really so afraid to make 10c unique rings somewhat powerful when combined with a ring that is mirror-tier rarity??

you could verify this interaction with the new ring bases.
"
bobby3127 wrote:

I dont know if GGG just got lazy with the coding - but it doesnt work the way it seems its intended to with the whole right slot / left slot modifier shenanigans.

Seriously, where are you getting this idea that its intended to work in anway except the way it does?
"An it harm none, do what you will"
"
(...) For bonuses that care about which ring slot (left or right) a ring is equipped in, Kalandra's Touch is considered to be equipped in the slot that it actually occupies
(Emphasis added)

"
implies that it exactly reflects the ring in the other slot.

It does. It does exactly reflect the other ring (minus gem slot for Unset rings).

Kalandra's Touch + Shavronne's Revelation means you have Shavronne's Revelation in both ring slots, i.e. left and right.

"
Right ring slot: You cannot Regenerate Mana
(...)
Left ring slot: You cannot Recharge or Regenerate Energy Shield
(...)

Working as intended.
It would be much more fun.

If Kalandra's Touch Ring would reflect the ring in the state it is and treat rings with right slot conditions as having for example two right slot rings if the Kalandra's Touch Ring is in the left slot. Meaning it reflects the other ring slot.

This way the players have more mechanics to tinker around with. I would consider this as big increase to fun level.
It copies the ring, not the active modifiers. Can be easily researched by checking poe wiki. The good thing is you can sell your ring again if it’s not useful now ;)
You answered your own complaint in the title of thread hehe.

It "reflects" the RING, not the buffs provided by the ring. Obviously....that means it copies the ENTIRE ring, conditional mods included. Since Kalandra's Touch now has the "right/left" mods of the original, then it follows those rules.

It is the same function as the mirror, hence the name. If you mirrored a Shav ring, what do you get? Another shav ring.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Sep 12, 2024, 9:45:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info