[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Ghost - if you dont intend to hit it with the conq exalt, you can then use the eldrich currency on it, similar to the gloves. while sub-optimal to the %int increase, you can still get some pretty good mods such as 1% less damage taken per X int and +Max resist (take a look at mine for an example)
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Ghost285 wrote:

Thanks man!!
I got this equipment just crafting with Deafening Essence of Spite + exas + annuls.
40 essences spent at all on crafting all this gear!
Just now i have a massive upgrade!
Bought a chest armour with increase int and flat int for 8 chaos and crafted my gloves with Unnerve bought for 15 chaos.

Crafting took me 1 divine and 20 chaos. (bought 32 , 5 ess spent and 27 essences left! )

Yes, i lost 560 ES in comparing with my old high-es 6linked chest armour BUT i have now 2650 int and decent DPS.. I think it worth it.

You got an armor with +10% int and +52 int for *8C*? That's an awesome find! Just the Crusader slam costs 50C. Congrats!

When you're rich as all hell, you can still upgrade it to get the 500ES back, but honestly, that's already very high-tier. What's your DPS upgrade?

The effective DPS in PoB is 259.476.
I decided not to going in mana reservation nodes or spell block.
I bought a 4% increased emperor's wit for 1 div and made it for 1 div a 5% increased. Want to take another Jewel socket node to the left side close to the Shadow's beginning and when i will be 97 lvl , will empower myself by this Jewel.
Also the nodes before the socket give us : 16% spell damage and 5% movement speed.
Unfortunately the +movement speed does nothing because of Stampede. It's still probably the best jewel slot to aim for if you need another.
If someone kills uber eater this league, im interested in video.. im aware of that previous video on league kill but not with this league gear.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Good point, I missed that. How do you calculate the damage increase from 100% to 0%?

With my current gear vs a Guardian/Pinnacle boss:

Avg hit with EW is 524k
Avg hit with Punishment vs low life is 599k
Avg hit with Punishment vs non-low life is 456k
Avg hit with Punishment from 100% to 0% is (456 + 599) / 2 = 527k
Avg hit with Punishment from 100% to 10% is (456*5 + 599*4) / 9 = 519k

I was looking at mapping staff. Since Cold pen isn't on, the reduced elemental resistances from EW has a higher impact (24% more dmg vs. 34% with Punishment). I might have misread the 34% as 24% or read to +dmg of adding EW and -dmg of removing Punishment.

With self-cast, though, it's 16% vs. 34%.

Avg hit with EW is 332k
Avg hit with Punishment vs low life is 384k
Avg hit with Punishment vs non-low life is 285k
100% to 10% would be (285*5 + 384*4) / 9 = 329k. Pretty much the same (1% less), but more dmg when it matters and the rest of the debuffs (10% less damage when hit multiple time, which is huge for bosses that pretty much all have multi-hitting attacks). You are also totally right that you're doing more damage in latter phases, where the fight often gets more difficult, which is a great added bonus.

With Cyclone :

Avg hit with EW is 103k
Avg hit with Punishment vs low life is 110k
Avg hit with Punishment vs non-low life is 81k
100% to 10% would be (81*5 + 110*4) / 9 = 93k. Now we lose 10% average damage, but it's for mapping, so it doesn't matter that much and we get the defensive upgrade.

All in all, if bossing (and eventually, that's the only part that matters because mapping becomes much easier), punishment is better, and if mapping with Cyclone with little use for self-cast, EW would seem better.

Thanks for the explanations! That makes a whole lot of sense. I'll probably switch once I get to bossing.
"
webas wrote:
If someone kills uber eater this league, im interested in video.. im aware of that previous video on league kill but not with this league gear.

I recorded my first Uber Eater kill of this league but it's 6 minutes long with bad player skill + a bunch of deaths, so I'll let someone more skilled to post their kill :D

It's easy to make mistakes in most of the fight since we can facetank stuff, but the phase with maven orbs is a pain since writhing jar is all I've got

I'm honestly considering getting vaal breach. I'll try it out at uber exarch

Edit: Forgot that Uber Exarch gives you a free mob to leech from anyway. I'll still try vaal breach at several bosses. 40 sec soul prevention and 100 soul requirement is a lot, but we'll see
Last edited by Rathma0 on Dec 22, 2022, 1:46:57 AM
"
webas wrote:

I farm all uber bosses easily, only one that can cause me to really die is Uber Sirus (doesn't really happen much since I can cancel the action speed debuff from the beams now) and Uber Eater incase I accidently dont use my worm flasks correctly.

I may have to be the unluckiest guy on earth right now. Tried crafting my body armour, used 4 crusaders slam and all oh them gave me recover 5% energy shield on kill.....

EDIT: i'm on 6 F's right now :)))
Last edited by PrinceOfPower on Dec 22, 2022, 3:58:50 PM
"
PrinceOfPower wrote:
I may have to be the unluckiest guy on earth right now. Tried crafting my body armour, used 4 crusaders slam and all oh them gave me recover 5% energy shield on kill.....

That sucks so bad... this is the worse part of PoE's crafting system. Hope your next slam hits!
"
PrinceOfPower wrote:

EDIT: i'm on 6 F's right now :)))

I understand you, man, how that situation is sad...
Please, try another ways for crafting body armour, just buy a 50+ int and increase % int body armour on trade without mutiple any useless mods or if there will be 2-3 useless mods, pray to Goddess of Luck and annul them. And then use exalted orbs + craft increase Eva+es.
Or buy any Shaper\Crusader influenced mody armour and use Deafening Essence of Spite, hope you can get Int + increase % Int. Then as usually, annul + exa.
That will be cheaper, all you need is luck..
I've made my body armour by the 1st way of crafting, lost 350 ES but i have got all that i needed from it.
Later : Using divine orb to my Watcher Eye Jewel gave me from low to 10% increase ES while affected by clarity aura. I gpt back my 350 ES in one moment.
Trying to exp to reach 97 lvl now, it is very hard but i hope i can do it. I will add Emperor's Wit Cobalt Jewel and get 5% more increase Int that will give more ES and damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info