[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hello, so far enjoying build, but I feel I did mistake somewhere, as I dont deal enough dmg to pinacle bosses, could u help me ?

POB : https://pobb.in/DUTn5V3uR9ao
"
Phalti wrote:
If supported gems in the staff work towards the Icestorm in the staff, does the weapon swap still need to be a 6-link? Shouldnt each one apply to Icestorm still?

The only link you need on amy of the 2 staves is CwC-Cyclone. The boss staff does not require any link.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Is bleed ever a problem for this build?

With the amount of overleech it has, you can usually ignore bleed/corrupted blood without any problem.

However, some people use CB/bleed immunity on flask if they don't have a CB jewel.

It's up to preference, but I personally never gear against CB/bleed and I've never noticed it.

I died a lot of bleeding as i am cycloning fast throught the maps and when i noticed the corrupting blood or bleeding its to late.

So its about youre laciness. I dont like it without.
"
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Is bleed ever a problem for this build?

With the amount of overleech it has, you can usually ignore bleed/corrupted blood without any problem.

However, some people use CB/bleed immunity on flask if they don't have a CB jewel.

It's up to preference, but I personally never gear against CB/bleed and I've never noticed it.

I died a lot of bleeding as i am cycloning fast throught the maps and when i noticed the corrupting blood or bleeding its to late.

So its about youre laciness. I dont like it without.

Leech lasts 5 seconds, which is the exact time bleeding lasts too. Unless you're hit after you stop dealing damage and spend another 5 seconds without hitting anything, bleeding shouldn't get through the leech.

As for Corrupted Blood, as it costs only a jewel implicit, it's better to have it, but once again, you got 5 seconds of leech after you stop doing damage. I'm surprised you would die a lot to it during mapping, as you almost never stay five seconds without dealing damage. It can be a problem during the Sirus fight, but I've not noticed it anywhere else.
"
RRAnARR wrote:
Hello, so far enjoying build, but I feel I did mistake somewhere, as I dont deal enough dmg to pinacle bosses, could u help me ?

POB : https://pobb.in/DUTn5V3uR9ao

Do you mean Uber bosses? With 500k average hit, you should be melting regular pinnacles.

You're missing a flask as I'm looking at the PoB. The Diamond flask you have does not have the right affixes, as you don't need the resistances and you'd have more uptime with charges on crit than 25% duration.

Your second glove implicit should be Unnerve on hit. That's 45k average hit right there.

You can change the attribute mastery to +int per mastery allocated.

Unnerve + one more level to put a point into the second Blanketed Snow + attribute mastery change lets you break 600k average hit and 1,4M on low life, which is quite enough even for Uber bosses. The rest is small incremental changes that could give you 15-20% more damage by crafting higher tier gear.

Hope that helps!
Hi there, i was playing this build with your guide 3 years ago in delirium or ritual league i forgot, with much pleasure.

I'm trying this again in ancestor ( in standard beacause i'm starting just now ) and i see you don't use megalomaniac to go on genius mixed with other cold passive. I used it in previous leagues and thought it was really usefull. You have pass on it this league, could you tell me why ?
Is it because there's more %attribute on tree now and you want to play the forbidden jewels ?

@kelvynn As usual, really nice build, thank you for updating.
Last edited by Natchoum on Nov 5, 2023, 8:14:38 PM
"
Natchoum wrote:
Hi there, i was playing this build with your guide 3 years ago in delirium or ritual league i forgot, with much pleasure.

I'm trying this again in ancestor ( in standard beacause i'm starting just now ) and i see you don't use megalomaniac to go on genius mixed with other cold passive. I used it in previous leagues and thought it was really usefull. You have pass on it this league, could you tell me why ?
Is it because there's more %attribute on tree now and you want to play the forbidden jewels ?

I believe Kelvynn cut Megalos because with the crit version, there's just too many good nodes to justify hunting down a Megalo and paying big bucks for it. Even with CttC/Blanketed Snow, four points can be put elsewhere to better use.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Natchoum wrote:

I believe Kelvynn cut Megalos because with the crit version, there's just too many good nodes to justify hunting down a Megalo and paying big bucks for it. Even with CttC/Blanketed Snow, four points can be put elsewhere to better use.

ok, thanks for this explanation.

I imagine that's why he tossed out awakened elemental focus too.
The 40% critical strike chance from inspiration with 20% more damage at 5 charges seems worse than 39% more damage and +1 level.

The loss of theses 40% chances and the prevent of chill from icestorm ( that we can still apply with vortex ) seems a rather little loss compared to the huge damage AEF is giving. I only talk about the cycloning icestorm. I have not all the good jewels so i miss the 2 blanketed snow and i feel like my cycloning icestorm is a bit weak ( but no pb on boss icestorm ).

At the moment i've stayed on what Kelvynn advice but i would love some comments about this if anyone understand this better than me ( it could help me with the transition between my last build a few leagues ago and this one ). I already had the awakened elemental focus and the megalomaniac so i wished to know if there are out of the build because too expensive for medium budget and too weak for the high or if they are simply out of order.
Last edited by Natchoum on Nov 6, 2023, 12:19:00 PM
You don't get the +1 level on Ice Storm, as it is always level 1. The damage shouldn't be massively different at 500% multi.

Plus, you lose the ability to freeze mobs, which is a huge defensive downgrade while Cycloning.

What's your megalo?

EDIt : Played with the PoB. You've got the loss of freeze, but also mana issues. Inspiration on the low-end PoB means 80 mana per second, while Awakened Elemental focus is 150 mana per second. The about 10% more damage is not worth the 4-5 passive points you need to mitigate the increased mana cost. The mana pressure on the high-end build is even higher.

Use the affixes/passive points you can save with that lesser cost and use them to get more than 10% more damage and keep the freezing on large hits.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Nov 6, 2023, 1:48:55 PM
"
Hi,
How to deal with Stun? I got killed lots of time due to stun lock. I have 7k ES.

I am in Ruthless BTW, so gear is limited.
Thanks

Do you buy the staff in ruthless?

I farmed a while and don't have the staff dropped yet, it seems pretty rare (only 2 chracters have the staff in the entire ruthless ancestor league).
Last edited by vbvan on Nov 6, 2023, 8:30:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info