[3.19] Frost Blades Berserker (League Starter/Versatile Budget Build)

So my itch to play PoE has grown quite a bit over the last two years of inactivity (hence the necro) and I was curious if the build was still viable. A few changes that really stick out since 3.19 that I’ve found and would greatly hinder the build are:

-Withering Step/Elusive and Nightblade (nerfed)

This is quite a big nerf to the undeniably strong Nightblade + Elusive combo this build abused by not being able to reset elusive via left click withering step and maintain a fresh high scaled buff. Maybe 175%-190% average Elsuive buff before to some 125%-130% now, significant damage loss and some defensive components of elusived nerfed consequently.

-Fight for Survival (removed)

Another big part of pulling off this amount of clear with respectable single target while staying budget was White Wind + 2x Fight for Survival. The removal of these equates to 50% reduced projectile speed for frost blades and 30% cold pierce. Another damage loss and a big part of what made frost blades clear feel smooth.

-Molten Shell (nerfed)

Molten Shell and some armor scaling was a good way to provide another layer of defense for a build that needed it. The nerfs are some 50% effectiveness for Molten Shell and worse for the Vaal version.

After these I started to lose hope for the build to be honest, but then I saw some new masteries:

-50% increased Projectile Speed while wielding a Dagger (Dagger Mastery)
-Hits have 25% chance to treat Enemy Monster Elemental Resistance values as inverted (Elemental Mastery)

Frost Blades itself also got some buffs:
-effectiveness of added damage +50% (from 175% to 225%)
-attack damage % of base +50% (from 175% to 225%)

We did lose 19% projectile speed as well but the damage increases here and supplements to the mastery passives should make it interesting. I think I will try and see what pob looks like.
Last edited by jpypoe on Jul 16, 2024, 12:28:42 AM
New patch notes, holy shit.
Frost Blades Berserker is VERY much alive, I don’t even know where to begin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info