Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

Em GGG u hawe perfekt game u and stremer onli there , but who gona wizit stremer if dam game are dead end ... u so fokos on u 10k regular to poin vhere u make it sure there no fresh blod , so sad 80% of kometar are negative and em all ist u doing but im just nobodi vit regular job no like u milioner , whi the hel someone vana me in some game . Not sure vhat u doing but man if i see so meni negative writing and im stil no man damgame ist fine em im fine tu to not play
Problem: People have fun
Solution: nerf all

if you want I can also put a broom in my a s s , so I can clean the room
rip last league for me peace
"
Yugo_1223 wrote:
"
Xscreams wrote:
Once again,

No-fun-allowed. Chris seems like a pretty cool guy, but man he seems to be such a boomer with this "good ol' days" attitude specifically to Diablo 2.

What does this have to do with the manifesto? POE used to be/perhaps still is fairly progressive, but things as of late (perhaps the last 2 years) have just been a massive regression compared to what GGG was like in the "good ol days".

Instead of coming up with new creative ideas and embracing change naa, let's nerf hammer everything, continue to make the game more tedious than it needs to be, and call it a "feature", "balance", or worst of all "game depth".

At this point in my life POE has been far too disrespectful of my time, and is no longer rewarding for the casual to semi-hardcore. I believe I'm speaking on this objectively, at least from what I'm currently seeing in this thread.

It's now only possible to "enjoy", if you can, if you're a streamer/no-lifer. And that's okay I guess, since GGG have been transparent in stating that this game is not built for everyone.

GL exiles, maybe I'll see you around next league or at least in POE 2. Maybe.

Its HIS game, the game is BASED off diablo 2. He is not the boomer age group. Why are you like this?

"It's his game" - Thanks for stating the obvious. Eye roll aside, it's as much as the community's game as it is his since we're the die hard supporters making the continuation of his and his teams dream possible. And that's not to sound/be entitled either.

"Game is based off diablo 2" - Most players are aware of this, but it's still a boomer/gen x thing. Diablo 2 is fucking old and out dated. Let that shit die, and make room to be more progressive.

"He is not of the boomer age group" - Okay, he's gen x. Close enough but yeah you're right.

"Why are you like this?" - Why is water wet? Cause I'm human. We're social creatures with opinions.

GL next league, hope you enjoy it sincerely.
This seems geared toward s tier players, and their claim that mirror tier items are too available is bogus. Why do they continue to nerf things like our defenses without meaningful alternatives? Seems like they need some readjustments themselves.
You forgot the part of the Manifesto where you helped all the shitty skills.
You know; like melee*, link skills, channeling, and Penance brand.

If you didn't include those in the Manifesto then why include the 'Small buff' section at all? 'Cleave now has +0 to Radius at gem level 1 (unchanged), up to +10 to Radius at gem level 20 (previously +8).' ???

*The fortify buff is nice, and that that plus Artic Armor change is telling me that it's time to SHATTER BONES. But there are *so* many awful strike skills that you just did nothing for? Why?
Every revision is for a new League, and then there are games where even the pioneers are crazy to die. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by JC_GGG on Aug 4, 2022, 9:29:41 AM
Was looking forward to playing this league but holy shit you completey gut the playstyle I like to play.. It's going to take a lot of redemption from the patch notes to get me back to interested in playing again. I skipped last league cause it just seemed like nothing new or fun was added.
Last edited by Vaildez on Aug 3, 2022, 7:17:36 PM
"

Press F to pay respects

I laughed.
Some quick math here...

...but it looks to me like the changes to mana reservation, secondary traps, minions, (and a few others mechanics), are being done not to address current issues - but to combat foreseeable problems caused by the dearth of six-links in PoE II.

The minions and mana reservations problems introduced in this Manifesto appear like they will iron-themselves out once players have them fully supported.

However...

1: With no release date for PoE II, these sorts of changes make your customers feel as though they're your unpaid beta-testers.

2: I'd expect to see roll-outs like this a few months before open-beta - not, (potentially), years before the launch of Path of Exile Part Two.

3: You are the custodians of people's time and effort. You should be respectful of their investments - after all, they fund your livelihood.

4: If you are indeed pre-balancing the game around 6-7 Six-Links, you should communicate that with the player-base - it helps them put the changes in context, (and seem less capacious).

Just a few thoughts to consider.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info