Challenges in Path of Exile: Sentinel

I'm genuinely curious what proportion of players completing these challenges would be classified as a "success" for GGG. These look hard/grindy/RNG enough to me that it discourages me from playing the league at all.
Hello, I've been playing PoE for quite some time. My highest char was 98, I haven't had a 100 yet. The challenges were often difficult for me and I've never made 40/40. The highest was recently 36/40.
Why is that? 'Cause I won't let myself get carried away. Not at level 100 and not for challenges. Because I want to work it out myself. And I think I'm not alone in that.
Even if I could get a 200 ex character that can survive almost anything, pull through anyone who can stand in a safe corner during a fight, I wouldn't be able to do it. For some challenges, the conditions are not even recognizable to me visually (I'm color blind) (e.g. Mavens memory game). That's why I think it's a pity that in almost every challenge all conditions have to be met, not just 4 out of 5, for example. I've never experienced a harvest boss, for example.
With the hard challenges this time with the many random conditions, I probably don't even have to start. So this league will probably only last 4 weeks for me.
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft, aber deshalb ist Schnelligkeit noch lange keine Hexerei.
I dont think ill do 40. T4 seed too rare
"
Galaxdriel wrote:
I have to agree these "harder" challenges are somewhat unbalanced and too RNG based - even for "challenges". For example the harvest boss and Oshabi...maybe there will be a Harvest keystone that will make it a bit less rare?

I also find that these challenges are undeniably contradictory to the idea of giving players more agency (which seemed to me was the main objective of the Atlas passive tree changes), since we won't really be able to choose the mechanics we like the most if we want to reach 38 challenges.

Last but not least I'm not sure the idea of giving two almost identical sets is that great. I can undertand the reasoning for that (to avoid the FOMO from those who stop at 24), but I can also see why people won't feel extra motivated to push to 38.

I,ve got one with six this league
Most leagues I focus on challenges. This time? I won't even try. Those challenges are just stupid and far from fun.
Fortunately there are the new end game bosses to try, otherwise I wouldn't have even played the league at all.

Will be a very short league for me
Last edited by Huurl on May 10, 2022, 5:43:36 PM
I can't wait to see these numbers when this league goes live. Even more so just after 1 week. The clutter that is in this game now, is mind boggling. For me, the crafting in this game is a joke. I still don't understand it. Guess I'll just watch some streamers lol
Well, the challenges do appear to be hard. Will try to grind at least the poor man armour set.
I think ill be skipping this league.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
=(
If you read this, you are a noob like me =(
Gonna Have some Fun Tonight

The Morgawr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info