Mirror of kalandra?

"
nGio wrote:

No, he is actually correct. Low level chars don't suffer from the "currency penalty" that stacks for every 2 levels that your char is above the current zone. A level 5 char doing a level 5 zone has a much better chance of finding one than a level 80 char does on a Dock Run.

Don't do Dock runs......

Plenty of currency to be found in maps. I've already found over 10 exalts since OB. The map IIQ isn't (IIQ). It's more MIQ. Notice when in a map the description reads "70% MORE items dropped".

Unless of course GGG needs to tweak their wording.
"
nGio wrote:
"
HopTortoise wrote:
"
nachodotcom wrote:

Yes, it actually has a slightly higher chance to drop in the very early levels. Same with exalted orbs.

{citation needed}

{probable myth}

No, he is actually correct. Low level chars don't suffer from the "currency penalty" that stacks for every 2 levels that your char is above the current zone. A level 5 char doing a level 5 zone has a much better chance of finding one than a level 80 char does on a Dock Run.

Actually, it's because some currency items, such as chisels and fusings, don't drop in the very early levels. The absence of currency items, gives a higher % drop rate for the other items (which include mirrors and exalts)

Edit: To clarify, my original statement was assuming the game was played straight through with no currency penalties.
ign - JoeyTrader
Last edited by nachodotcom on Apr 9, 2013, 6:25:33 PM
"
skinnay wrote:
everything is a random drop....

also, don't expect to find one of these, for years or even forever. it's the rarest currency item in the game by a large margin

I've found one, but I've yet to see a Divine, Exalted, or Regal drop :(
"
nachodotcom wrote:

Actually, it's because some currency items, such as chisels and fusings, don't drop in the very early levels. The absence of currency items, gives a higher % drop rate for the other items (which include mirrors and exalts)

Edit: To clarify, my original statement was assuming the game was played straight through with no currency penalties.

Pretty sure this is incorrect
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
nachodotcom wrote:

Nah.
You realistically have the best chance to find a Mirror in Normal Ledge before you outlevel it, before all the other "level requirements" for gem drops start kicking in.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
nachodotcom wrote:

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1azg9e/are_high_level_currency_orbs_more_likely_to_drop/
ign - JoeyTrader
Last edited by nachodotcom on Apr 9, 2013, 8:28:17 PM
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
"
nachodotcom wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
nachodotcom wrote:

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1azg9e/are_high_level_currency_orbs_more_likely_to_drop/

I stand corrected.

Thank you for the source. Always appreciated.

Edit. Although I am curious if between the extra IIQ from gear, the gem, and maps, outweighs the discrepancy.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Apr 9, 2013, 8:32:34 PM
"
nGio wrote:

semantics. A lvl 61 character doing a level 61 area has the same chance as a level 1 in a level 1 area.
There is no "increased chance" to get orbs at lower level. As said above though certain orbs don't drop till later.
I can see why this gets ...twisted, but sure wish it would stop.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 9, 2013, 10:06:00 PM
"
"
nGio wrote:

semantics. A lvl 61 character doing a level 61 area has the same chance as a level 1 in a level 1 area.
There is no "increased chance" to get orbs at lower level. As said above though certain orbs don't drop till later.
I can see why this gets ...twisted, but sure wish it would stop.

It's very common to find a great deal of high level currency such as Chaos Orbs in the early levels.

My high level characters seldom find that amount.

If we could assume that the chance of say a Chaos Orb is equal for a level 61 character in a 61 zone compared to a level 2 character in a level 2 zone, I would cite kill speed as the reason why the level 2 character still has a better chance.
Last edited by elitedesolator on Apr 9, 2013, 11:12:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info