Minion Wishlist: Machinations, Parasites, Puppets, Animate Guardians

You wanna know the top of MY minion build wish list?

Let me see my dps on the tooltip (or anywhere at all for that matter, and don't say PoB, they need to do this themselves and PoB existing is NOT an excuse for them to leave broken tooltips as a thing, bugs need to be fixed, period).

Following that, let me inspect my minions to bring up a character window for them so I can see all their stats because most of them aren't visible on the outright broken minion tooltip either.

Next? Fix tooltips again because things arbitrarily do or do not show a stat change on the tooltip. As an example, the new crucible passive that gives you +1 to number of summoned golems but reduces golem buff effect by 50% doesn't show the reduced buff effect on the tooltip, the value stays the same but you do, in fact, lose that 50% buff effect, the tooltip just lies to you about it.

Next on the list? Surprisingly not the tooltip again, at least not for the minions themselves. This time its tooltips for passives and other skills being inconsistent with how they interact with minions. Some effects that say "You and surrounding allies" do apply to minions and some don't. Examples? Auras do, the energy shield and mana regen effects of essence glutton from consuming a corpse do not. Change the tooltips on ones that don't work on minions to specify non-minion allies or change the ones that do work to say allies and minions.
"
Blortad wrote:

Let me see my dps on the tooltip (or anywhere at all for that matter, and don't say PoB, they need to do this themselves and PoB existing is NOT an excuse for them to leave broken tooltips as a thing, bugs need to be fixed, period).

Following that, let me inspect my minions to bring up a character window for them so I can see all their stats because most of them aren't visible on the outright broken minion tooltip either.

Next? Fix tooltips again because things arbitrarily do or do not show a stat change on the tooltip. As an example, the new crucible passive that gives you +1 to number of summoned golems but reduces golem buff effect by 50% doesn't show the reduced buff effect on the tooltip, the value stays the same but you do, in fact, lose that 50% buff effect, the tooltip just lies to you about it.

Next on the list? Surprisingly not the tooltip again, at least not for the minions themselves. This time its tooltips for passives and other skills being inconsistent with how they interact with minions. Some effects that say "You and surrounding allies" do apply to minions and some don't. Examples? Auras do, the energy shield and mana regen effects of essence glutton from consuming a corpse do not. Change the tooltips on ones that don't work on minions to specify non-minion allies or change the ones that do work to say allies and minions.

PoB does not report minion dps accurately, it is very often off by millions especially with spectre's so i don't even see a point in using it, The creator should pull the plug on it if they aren't ever going to fix these serious problems with their software.

On reporting stats correctly i do not know all of the affected mods but there are things like "added damage" which directly add damage to your minions but does not indicate anywhere that it should do that for anything but you and its not likely the only statistic unreported/undocumented.

Innocence forgives you
"
"
Blortad wrote:

PoB does not report minion dps accurately, it is very often off by millions especially with spectre's so i don't even see a point in using it, The creator should pull the plug on it if they aren't ever going to fix these serious problems with their software.

On reporting stats correctly i do not know all of the affected mods but there are things like "added damage" which directly add damage to your minions but does not indicate anywhere that it should do that for anything but you and its not likely the only statistic unreported/undocumented.

Even more reason why the need to fix the tooltips. In general they are broken af but its the worst by far for minions.

Minions in general need some work tbh, for example I get that minion builds need to be squishier to balance your lack of involvement in combat and lack of need to aim and all that, but I think they took it too far, I dont like being made of wet toilet paper and having every boss going from ARPG to Bullet Hell.
"
Blortad wrote:

Even more reason why the need to fix the tooltips. In general they are broken af but its the worst by far for minions.

Minions in general need some work tbh, for example I get that minion builds need to be squishier to balance your lack of involvement in combat and lack of need to aim and all that, but I think they took it too far, I dont like being made of wet toilet paper and having every boss going from ARPG to Bullet Hell.

I don't think you have to settle for being weak yourself to have decent minion dps, My normal build averages 7-8k+ES and im not using meta-gear really, Most people would say my gear is garbage except the occasional +3 corrupted chestplate.

I had a good 7-8k life build with a lot of build potentials but GGG deleted it this patch, Won't be able to touch it again til PoE2

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jun 1, 2023, 3:40:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info