Next Expansion Timeline

As much as I would like to get my dose of fresh PoE league RIGHT NOW, I prefer to wait as long as needed to get the quality release.

I'm happy to be working in IT (although not related to game dev) and having an employer who understands work-life balance so I'm glad the awesome team behind PoE has the same privilege.
So we got no way of knowing when the league actually is going to start? 4th, 11th, 18th February or even later if you fell like it? Everyone working has 0 chance of taking some time off in advance at all. There will just be an announcement 2-3 weeks beforehand...
Damnnnnn, wanted to play some PoE before Lost Ark
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
djdias2018 wrote:
"
People are finicky as fuck these days. So many whined and bitched about launching around the holidays because support was not available. They have avoided that. So many people bitched about delaying because of CyberPunk, they have avoided doing the same thing twice. So many people bitched because GGG would release before being ready and being plagued with bugs, this helps avoid some of that.

...now so many are crying because they are doing exactly what everyone asked for? It's no wondering GGG has grown distant over the years.

Thank you for the update and proper planning. Not all of us are gonna whine, bitch, and complain.

another 5 challenge annoying guy

indicating the lack of time / desire to play Scourge?

Nail on the head.

People should really check account history and dates before assuming anything. A change in work schedules moving to 12-16 hours a day 5-6 days a week will do that, especially when one is simply not feeling the league.

But too many won't bother to look and see an account has been around since the birth of the game before being an asshole.

Thank you for actually considering otherwise.
...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Jan 1, 2022, 3:37:23 PM
why so many people are upset with LA releaseing at the same time as new PoE League?

people will play LA to max level, realize the endgame is boring AF and be happy that they can spend the rest of their planned Time with the new League.

i played Lost Ark on RU EU Beta and thats what i felt after reaching max level and realized i had to level 9 Characters just so i have enough content for one day in endgame... and there is the MTX Store...
if your in for PVP thats cool. but then PoE is even more different
Last edited by Nebucadneza on Jan 1, 2022, 6:26:12 PM
With the notoriously bad crunches in the gaming industry, I am very glad that GGG is giving proper vacation to it's staff rather than over-working them.

I'm also glad that "hard mode" is still on the table, I've been waiting for that, I thought it was gonna launch during 3.16 but then we had no update about it for a short while.

However, as others have pointed out, I am worried about 3.17's players number. Cyberpunk's playerbase had basically zero overlap with PoE's playerbase, yet GGG planned around it. It was obviously a flop early on, but even if Cyberpunk delivered on all promises, it still would have been way less of a hit to PoE's numbers than the current Lost Ark situation, where there's significant overlap in the playerbase, being the only other good and popular arpg to a level where it can compete with PoE (diablo 3 is dead and Last Epoch, while being adored by most of the community, is still in early access so nobody actually commit to it in that fashion).

Heck, most of the top PoE streamers pretty much stopped streaming PoE since the Gauntlet (endless heist viewership on twitch was very sad...) and I expect a lot of them to actually stream Lost Ark's launch, as it is beloved by like 90% of the PoE community.
Last edited by kazelone on Jan 2, 2022, 2:40:31 AM
"
xerailas wrote:
any news about poe 2?

Pffff.
Any news about poe mobile??
The only reliable way to stop the epidemy is to eliminate even slightest chance to have a contact with contagious person/thing/creature/whatever.
"
Август wrote:
Summer holidays at winter KEKW

You don't know how hemispheres work do you?
Well although I completly understand and support the "days off for recharging" I really do not like the delay cause it raises the chance the new league releases close to Elden Ring. Hope the new league starts on february 4th.
Last edited by Philippe_Mello on Jan 3, 2022, 8:44:07 PM
Dear GGG,

First of all have a nice holidays :)

I would like to ask to release somewhere by mid January the planned release date.

Dear All,

For all who is screaming regarding Elden Ring and LA. I'm also a RPG gamer, spent like 10 years in playing in Lineage 2. I looked Elden Ring & Lost Ark - this is completely different setup of the games, yes, they have RPG word in it, and i agree, they are RPG.

But they are completely different, i would never compare Path of Exile and Elden Ring as per videos in YouTube what i found. Do not get me wrong - maybe Elden Ring will be gorgeous game and i will also play it, but i do not see common between them, except that they are both games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info