How does GGG make money

Aside from the microtransactions it doesnt really seem like they make alot of money i bet its somthing but i really doubt it pays all 18 people and server fees and blah blah that being said i could be absolutely wrong but it seems like a source that will probably run out.

im just confused how can the game be so good and free?
aside from idk lets say the game the sims 3 costs 29$ to buy and play it.
POE = 100000x better than sims and i found it on the internets one day

is there a trick up GGG's seeves or am i not noticing somthing.
Last edited by xkegisx on Apr 8, 2013, 1:49:23 PM
They stated that they made something like 2.5 million from supporter packs before the game went into OB. Those packs were essentially microtransaction points with beta keys plus the occasional piece of POE Swag.

Anyone with a silver supporter paid at least $100, gold was at least $250. So the whole ethical microtransactions certainly appeals to some people. Is it enough? Does it keep them creating content for years to come? I sure hope so.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
They stated that they made something like 2.5 million from supporter packs before the game went into OB. Those packs were essentially microtransaction points with beta keys plus the occasional piece of POE Swag.

Anyone with a silver supporter paid at least $100, gold was at least $250. So the whole ethical microtransactions certainly appeals to some people. Is it enough? Does it keep them creating content for years to come? I sure hope so.

+1 All Hail the GGG philosophy of no Pay to Win.
IGN: Mortui_Resurgent, Quisinart, DarkVoid, BlindFury
Small staff = more money that goes into the game. If you haven't noticed, the forum moderators are usually notable players in the community. =)
As far as I know Riot is doing just fine with the same model.
Yes but Riot has a slightly different apporach since not only do you buy skins but you have the choice to buy new champions for cash.

It'd be kinda like if GGG everytime they release a new skill gem made so you can farm it or pay 5$ for it in the shop. Luckily I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that, so let's hope they are still making the money they deserve for their game.
Generally games are making huge amount of money from micotransactions (more than with box price or even monthly fees), GGG probably don't have a lot of problem with this imo, the game is quiet good, and you need new stacks. I personally gave my share already and not regretting it at all, didn't felt like they pushed me doing so either which is the compromise any good dev team should aim for.
I've paid them 120 dollars so far and I've played about 400 hours ... Not a bad return for my money ...and I love having tons of stash tabs .

I will keep supporting them.
IGN- Shaeyaena
I just made my first purchase after about 20 hours of play (200 points). I plan on buying more points in the future as long as the game remains popular.
IGN: Sekkho
They have gotten $150US out of me. Happy to pay it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info