Youtube sucks the biggest balls

Wow, what started as a fairly standard conversation about how YT algorithm suks(it really does, their algorithm for marking videos as children-safe and the one to make the recommended list also suk balls) really derailed into a hardcore duel about conspiracy, complete with links proving "facts" and stuff

The wonders of the internet
Right now I'm using a plugin that shows dislikes, but this is a temporary solution, it would be nice to just stop using them
Apropos of this topic, ScrewYouRube has now changed the "Your YouTube Comments" page to include not only a history of my comments which somehow pass unscathed through the algorithm, but also every single like I click on other people's comments. That's a LOT of chaff I don't want or need to see when reviewing my comments.

All this with no "community" notification, of course. =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
feike wrote:
Wow, what started as a fairly standard conversation about how YT algorithm suks(it really does, their algorithm for marking videos as children-safe and the one to make the recommended list also suk balls) really derailed into a hardcore duel about conspiracy, complete with links proving "facts" and stuff

The wonders of the internet

You are most likely on 5g, mind controlled :(

[Removed by Support]

Last edited by JC_GGG on Dec 10, 2021, 7:58:10 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Apropos of this topic, ScrewYouRube has now changed the "Your YouTube Comments" page to include not only a history of my comments which somehow pass unscathed through the algorithm, but also every single like I click on other people's comments. That's a LOT of chaff I don't want or need to see when reviewing my comments.

A-a-a-and, a few hours later, the page is back to normal. Reversal of policy? Correcting an unintended glitch? Who knows? NotYouTube isn't talking. But I'm glad not to be second-guessing upvoting people's comments. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Some companies were doing things similar to this before YouTube even existed. A few of them were foolish enough to store this data (coded) on your own computer instead of theirs. Imagine seeing every word/message, etc recorded, like some giant keylogger.

As to the primary topic on hand - hiding/denying/making information harder to find is not a solution, it is kicking the problem down the road, and possibly allowing the problem to get worse. If a large media company can't find a good way of getting the information they want out, then they probably shouldn't be in that line of business.

If most of this information/disinformation etc was openly shared, it would be better vetted and the bad information more easily proven wrong. Hiding it, only makes it more tempting and like someone running from the scene of a crime, makes people think there must be a bad reason for hiding it.

When someone lies to you, for instance, is your first instinct that they are protecting you, or doing it for good reasons?

Let me ask some rhetorical questions to anyone reading this post:

How many of you like a good scary movie? How many of you like a science fiction film with good special effects? How many of you like a good mystery movie?

Guess what, there are people that like conspiracies.

Don't hide anything, and there's very little to turn into a conspiracy.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Dec 14, 2021, 4:43:25 AM
Not all conspiracy theories are harmful. Example:

- Man didn't walk on the moon.
- The earth is flat
- JFK Jr. is not dead and will appear at the site of his father's death.

These are all bonkersville and untrue, but they will not cause needless deaths.

The content stating that COVID-19 is fake and people should not vaccinate against the disease is an example of DANGEROUS disinformation/conspiracy theory designed to kill. THAT kind of crap must be removed, always.

Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Some companies were doing things similar to this before YouTube even existed. A few of them were foolish enough to store this data (coded) on your own computer instead of theirs. Imagine seeing every word/message, etc recorded, like some giant keylogger.

As to the primary topic on hand - hiding/denying/making information harder to find is not a solution, it is kicking the problem down the road, and possibly allowing the problem to get worse. If a large media company can't find a good way of getting the information they want out, then they probably shouldn't be in that line of business.

If most of this information/disinformation etc was openly shared, it would be better vetted and the bad information more easily proven wrong. Hiding it, only makes it more tempting and like someone running from the scene of a crime, makes people think there must be a bad reason for hiding it.

When someone lies to you, for instance, is your first instinct that they are protecting you, or doing it for good reasons?

Let me ask some rhetorical questions to anyone reading this post:

How many of you like a good scary movie? How many of you like a science fiction film with good special effects? How many of you like a good mystery movie?

Guess what, there are people that like conspiracies.

Don't hide anything, and there's very little to turn into a conspiracy.

Funny thing, YouRubeTube went right back to including likes and dislikes on my comment history again. Not sure how many users even look at the thing (it's at a Google link, not a YT link), but they've all but sucked the utility of the page out of it. =9[.]9=
I love youtube. Where else can you watch toy reviews with your kids or how to change the fan in your heating pump..

Some reason I can block commercal there but not on twitch which i'm boycottinng

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 14, 2021, 9:34:22 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I love youtube. Where else can you watch toy reviews with your kids or how to change the fan in your heating pump..

Some reason I can block commercal there but not on twitch which i'm boycottinng

Oh, don't get me wrong; there is much on YouTube I enjoy and also find useful. But it isn't as user-friendly as it used to be.

Oh, and the schizzy bastards have changed the Comment History format AGAIN, so no like/dislike reporting, which is good, but only if they leave it that way. =9[.]9=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info