3.14.3 Hotfix

I had been dead in the water since 3.14.D (stalled at the gears) until 3.14.3 when the problem disappeared and the game ran as normal.

That is, until now, when the 3.14.3 hotfix stalls at the gears again.
Hi,

first short history:

Prepatch 3.14.1d game was perfect to me; for 5 years!

After 3.14.1d: Freezing with the gear wheels
After 3.14.1d Hotfix game was running like pre 3.14.1d = perfect!
After 3.14.1d Hotfix 2 again freezing with the gear wheels

Result: I cout not play since 21.05.21

NOW with 3.14.3 your game ran perfectly, best performance ever!

Surprse since 3.14.3 Hotfix back to "start": Gear wheels for ever again.

and i cant play again.

Is this a kind of easteregg or some kind of intelligence test?

This is absofuckinglutely NOT amusing!

And let me guess: NO feedback from GGG...
Hi all,

After the patch 3.14.3, the command line parameter "--waitforpreload" is ignored by PoE executable. This results in the same performance drop that I had before 3.14.3.

I am running off an SSD and my PC is quite recent Ryzen 1700 and 2 x RX580 (8 GB) + 32 GB of Ram but still texture streaming leads to screen locks and yesterday even a crash during Act 4 final boss.

Something that is worth mentioning is that this locks often happen entering a new zone or during final bosses.

Not sure what is going on, but with "--waitforpreload" things seems way more stable.

Could you please restore it?

Thanks,
Extrema
The first patch created the Grinding Gears Loading Screen issue.

This HotFix fixed that issue so many of us could play again.

Today, on Steam, it downloaded another mini patch and now it is stuck at the Grinding Gears again.
Same issue here.
Last edited by Nyakers on Jul 9, 2021, 10:12:46 AM
Same issue using epic games version - played a few hours this morning, then disc'd to do some work, then came back to grinding gears perma-loading after ggg logo splash.
Can't even get to character selection screen.
Even left it for a few hours, didn't do anything.
Checked all drivers - still the latest. Windows is up to date, but it hasn't installed any updates in the past 8 hours, so it seems pointless rolling anything back.
Tried rebooting, wiped user/ configs, removed all caches, even uninstalled the epic games version and downloaded the native version from poe.com and installed that - same issue.

[Edit]
Just went into the config and changed renderer from DX11 to Vulkan (which never worked before), and I got in with the native version. Not sure if it's just coincidence, but there it is.
Busy re-downloading epic version to see if that works now as well...
...and it does.
Put it back to DirectX11 in the file and back to ggg perma-loading. Back to Vulkan and I'm in.
Last edited by JudgeSleigher on Jul 9, 2021, 10:37:47 AM
Yup, +1 for stuck on the "grinding gears" load screen....any adivice?

Just went into the config and changed renderer from DX11 to Vulkan (which never worked before), and I got in with the native version. Not sure if it's just coincidence, but there it is.

Where can I find the "config" to make these changes? TIA
grinding gears again! omg! yesterday i playing so fine, but now this madness again...what are they doing whit this game?
3.14.3 Hotfix:

Fixed a bug where Intel Integrated Graphics users could get stuck on a loading screen when launching the client.
"
micaymile wrote:
grinding gears again! omg! yesterday i playing so fine, but now this madness again...what are they doing whit this game?

Putting the blame back on us.

The big patch broke something.

The hotfix fixed the broken part.

This morning a new patch went out and now it is broken again.

Clearly something in the patch today messed something up that they had previously fixed with this hotfix or there is another conflict somewhere.

Sadly this kind of stuff does happen sometimes but I've never seen it happen this quickly before. Went from broken to fixed and back to broken again in like 30 hours time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info