⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

small clarification about how the dagger works. we all know the daggers specialty is the "100% chance on kill to raise spiders". I went ahead, bit the bullet and spent some C's, and im not sure if theres something im missing, but it doesnt seem like my spiders have 100 uptime

i definitely still have some ways to go on my character, so maybe thats part of it?

Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Oct 30, 2021, 7:41:36 PM
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
small clarification about how the dagger works. we all know the daggers specialty is the "100% chance on kill to raise spiders". I went ahead, bit the bullet and spent some C's, and im not sure if theres something im missing, but it doesnt seem like my spiders have 100 uptime

i definitely still have some ways to go on my character, so maybe thats part of it?

You have to get kills to trigger raise spiders, which requires nearby corpses to do anything. This is why the build has desecrate and the writing jar.
"
You have to get kills to trigger raise spiders, which requires nearby corpses to do anything. This is why the build has desecrate and the writing jar.

I know you need to get kills, but is it a proximity thing? does it matter which skill im getting the kills with? im talking about in map, where there are always monsters, i dont have spiders up as often as i feel like they should be up

Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Oct 30, 2021, 10:30:58 PM
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
"

I know you need to get kills, but is it a proximity thing? does it matter which skill im getting the kills with? im talking about in map, where there are always monsters, i dont have spiders up as often as i feel like they should be up

How often are you killing things with ball lightnings that only do a few hundred DPS? Occasionally your spiders will proc other spiders (kills from their poisons count as killed by you) but you usually won't be killing anything very often.
"
cdnza wrote:

How often are you killing things with ball lightnings that only do a few hundred DPS? Occasionally your spiders will proc other spiders (kills from their poisons count as killed by you) but you usually won't be killing anything very often.

ok that makes more sense then i guess. is there a skill that would be better to use than ball lightning? or is the flask the best way to do it (need to practice that one more lol)

also - im not sure which route to take currently on the PoB, so many options
Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Oct 30, 2021, 10:31:33 PM
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
"
cdnza wrote:

ok that makes more sense then i guess. is there a skill that would be better to use than ball lightning? or is the flask the best way to do it (need to practice that one more lol)

also - im not sure which route to take currently on the PoB, so many options

The entire purpose of giving up a flask slot is so that we can trigger Summon Spiders when we need to. Don't expect to necessarily just have spiders up when you need them. Its the most awkward part of the build and it takes some getting used to. You can use the new gloves if you want to automate the process, but they have 0 ES and 0 useful affixes (besides automating spiders). I used them a bit for mapping but eventually you need "real" gloves because you need faster casting/spell echo/slower proj in order to max virulence stacks once you have 3+ pure agony clusters.
"
cdnza wrote:

The entire purpose of giving up a flask slot is so that we can trigger Summon Spiders when we need to. Don't expect to necessarily just have spiders up when you need them. Its the most awkward part of the build and it takes some getting used to. You can use the new gloves if you want to automate the process, but they have 0 ES and 0 useful affixes (besides automating spiders). I used them a bit for mapping but eventually you need "real" gloves because you need faster casting/spell echo/slower proj in order to max virulence stacks once you have 3+ pure agony clusters.

yep, awkward is a good word for it. i cant seem to time it right ever lol. also noticed that if i have zombies out, or einhar is with me, they kill the worms before i can think about popping them
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

yep, awkward is a good word for it. i cant seem to time it right ever lol. also noticed that if i have zombies out, or einhar is with me, they kill the worms before i can think about popping them

What I do is 2x desecrate then ball of lightning then I runover/infront of my ball of lightning and pop the flask, it's pretty consistent but you will need slow projectile on your gloves and some movement speed.
Hello guys, hi Chromino,
thanks for the amazing build guide! Let the spiders reign!

I need advice: I managed to snag a ghost dance skin 3g 2r 1b for 2 ex.
Since I was using full block version I had tempest shield and no grace (no aul's amulet yet).
I switched in the skin for a major dps buff (I was struggling with single target in reds) but ghost dance doesn't allow me to have energy shield > of evasion rating.
So I ditched tempest shield and went for grace with reservation amulet and small cluster.

Problem is I cannot cap spell block even fully buffed and bastion of hope (which I want to ditch for time of need asap).
I can't fit in tempest shield unless I mega invest in reservation (englighten 4, charisma, alpha's howl with enchant, dual reservation amulet, catalysts on all jewels).

So my question is, what should I aim for as my next investment?
Ignore block and get dagger? Wait for aul? Mega invest in reservation and get tempest shield? Clarity WE? Sell skin for max 10 ex and buy something else?

I know it's long and very specific but any suggestion helps.
My pob:
https://pastebin.com/y4ESpmSk
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

Hi soulstrike628,

it's as cdnzy writes and all tipps are also in the spoiler "blizzard" and on page 50 in "Raising spiders-Raising the Herald of Agony-Summon the spiders & scorpion".

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

When you map not too slow you have enough spiders alltime, but they despawn after 30 seconds and you have to raise them again: 2x desecrate (10 corpses), 1x stormbrand, 1x flask writhing jar

Last edited by Chromino on Oct 31, 2021, 7:45:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info