What do you guys think about nerfing the aura-stacking build?

I spent about 20 mirrors for the aura-stacking last season because it seemed like GGG made alter gems for the aura stacking build also, It wasn't cheap I mean the jewel and items.

If I spent 10 mir or 5 mir for other builds something like a cyclone, flicker, or blade Voltex it must be much better than the nerfed aura stacking build.

They patched non-curse aura 6% to 3%. I accepted that cuz the aura-stacking build was overpowered as everyone thinks but GGG even patched gems especially for the aura-stacker.

I don't get it as we spent 10-50ex each gem and GGG made it worth nothing now.

It was the most expensive build but GGG just made it as useless

GGG Can I ask something?

Why did you recommend Enhance Gem for the new quality gems as a challenging thing?
You know what? It doesn't work at all with the Enhance gem anymore.
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2021, 12:38:27 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think you are intelligent enought to understand that aura stacking builds were beyond ridiculous powerful compared to most of the other builds. Didnt you expect that it is going to get a nerf? I could easily spend multiple mirrors on other builds and they wouldnt be as strong as aura stacking. I could spend 30 mirrors on ice shot ranger and it still couldnt compare. I could buy legacy Kaom's Heart on melee build for 6 mirrors and it still wouldnt be as strong as aura stacker.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
"
Toshis8 wrote:
I think you are intelligent enought to understand that aura stacking builds were beyond ridiculous powerful compared to most of the other builds. Didnt you expect that it is going to get a nerf? I could easily spend multiple mirrors on other builds and they wouldnt be as strong as aura stacking. I could spend 30 mirrors on ice shot ranger and it still couldnt compare. I could buy legacy Kaom's Heart on melee build for 6 mirrors and it still wouldnt be as strong as aura stacker.

True mate, I knew thats going to get nerf cuz it was overpowered as I said. but I didn't expenct its cut like the 5 herald cuz GGG didn't predict that build when they patched. the 5 herald build was like a bug. but this aura-stacking build It was made by GGG. They knew that and they made many new quality gems for the aura stacking build even the price was sat up at the right price. I mean it was extremely expensive.

I just wanna appeal that the quality gem patched was not good.
I agree that alternate quality gem change was too harsh. They are not appealing anymore not only for aura stackers, but for all builds. Also, dont know where you spent so much for those gems, when i was playing Heist, they were going somwhere inbetween 10c - 80c.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Useless? Dont you still have 87% all res and over 30m DPS? Even nerfed it's miles above anything else.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Useless? Dont you still have 87% all res and over 30m DPS? Even nerfed it's miles above anything else.

I totally understand what you are talking about. Just wanna ask you did you play aura-stacking, last league?

For example,

Vitality, Discipline and Precision gave me much damage from the Quality but It gives less than 0.1% of all damage. It means I don't need to care about the Quality anymore. Even I spent 30ex each for Elemental of Purity & Ice of Purity 20/23 Quality for the damaged penetration. Also, they gave me about 120% penetration but now it gave me 5-8% penetration.

When they nerfed the jewel 6% to 3% then It was going to be like 50-60% penetration. also, I can accept it if it going down to 30-40% but it's not 5%-8% Penetration.

Don't wanna talk about Anger gem and Haste gem. they are nothing too. Don't understand why we take this risk? it's not playable at the mine anymore and It takes so long to kill the boss with 20 Mir build.

"
I spent about 20 mirrors for the aura-stacking last season because it seemed like GGG made alter gems for the aura stacking build also, It wasn't cheap I mean the jewel and items.

If I spent 10 mir or 5 mir for other builds something like a cyclone, flicker, or blade Voltex it must be much better than the nerfed aura stacking build.

They patched non-curse aura 6% to 3%. I accepted that cuz the aura-stacking build was overpowered as everyone thinks but GGG even patched gems especially for the aura-stacker.

I don't get it as we spent 10-50ex each gem and GGG made it worth nothing now.

It was the most expensive build but GGG just made it as useless

GGG Can I ask something?

Why did you recommend Enhance Gem for the new quality gems as a challenging thing?
You know what? It doesn't work at all with the Enhance gem anymore.

GGG devs don't care about your 20 mirrors investment or respect the time you spent building that character. One patch and it's gone.

The aurastacking nerf was one of the biggest "fuck you" in the history of poe . It's not just a nerf, its annihilation of a playstyle.
And that right after they reintroduced the build with alternate quality gems for it.
I guess the devs decided that players were having too much fun, even in standard it was too much fun, that's why they decided not to make the clusters that cost nearly 300 ex legacy.

It's a forced metachange, gotta sell some other skill mtx than aura effects i guess.

Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
All I have to say is I have never had a mirror in this game to spent for a build, yet alone 20 or 50 mirrors.
It was the only right choice. The top end Aura Stackers are still best in slot build possible in Path of Exile. I wouldnt mind if the non supportive Aura Stackers would have been removed completely from the game.

Stacking every single aura in the game and on top getting % effect for every single aura brings exponential scaling and brokenness.

I think they could redone the jewels to be like: 6% effect of your Auras on Allies instead.
What I think?

They can now nerf everything to real deathstate and buff every monster x1000 hp and 1 000 000 x dmg.

Anyway not wanting to play poe after GGG gone overboard in 'significant changes' and disconnected so much from the playerbase, destroying so much loved builds. Not aura stacking only. But too many already other ways on viable and fun plays.

So, dont matter anymore.

Yes, I'm sad
But who rly cares.
Last edited by DarkJen on Jan 16, 2021, 8:56:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info