Path of Building for Mac! 3.25-ready

"
PARIAH99 wrote:
~~How To Update an already-existing Mac PoB to the latest version (with more details)~~

In case this helps anybody - This ASSUMES that you already have a PathOfBuilding.app in your Applications folder (a 3.24 version one is fine - they are available from the link on the first post). After you have done this and have confirmed the 3.24 app is working, do the following:

Open the TERMINAL application (Should be in the Applications/Utilities folder). Enter the following commands in order, line by line (copy and pasting them is fine). NOTE: When you run the second to last command (the one with editPathOfBuildingBuild.sh), you will get an error which is likely safe to ignore (didn't cause me issues):

cd ~/Downloads
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hsource/pobfrontend/master/editPathOfBuildingBuild.sh > editPathOfBuildingBuild.sh
git clone https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding.git
cd PathOfBuilding
git add . && git reset --hard HEAD && git pull
bash ../editPathOfBuildingBuild.sh
cp -rf * /Applications/PathOfBuilding.app/Contents/MacOS

Explanation in case anybody wants details of what each line does:
Change directory to your Downloads folder
Download a script from the pobfrontend repository
Clone (i.e. download) the full repository source code for PathOfBuildingCommunity
Change directory to the PathOfBuliding folder
git commands to make sure you are only using committed changes (beyond the scope of this post)
bash command to run the script, which modifies some of the files for MacOS
Copy the updated files into your already-existing PathOfBuilding.app

Working for me, thank you very much! awsome community!
Last edited by s0yuz on Jul 28, 2024, 9:44:11 AM
First of all: Thanks for updateing this :)

Is there a chance that this will be updated even more - the 2.44.1 Version seems to ignore quite a few of the new items (they just dont get imported - e.g. Velours Gloves)
thanks again for all your work, you make poe more enjoyable on the mac
Seems like many of the new items are missing, any chance this will get updated?
IGN Essence: Shootyah
any update when new items will be added ?
For those asking about updates, if you go to the download all version link in the first post and choose releases (it takes you to tags), there are newer release, grab the newest one and the new items import correctly.
Guys do you have any experience of running POB on a ipad? My 2015 macbook pro is kind of old and im looking for a new couch device in addition of my console poe. macbook was fine since it was running pob but nowerdays macbooks are expensive as fuck and don't deliver major pros compared to ipads.

second question: if not working on ipad, is there a chance on running pob on samsung tablet or any android device?
You could try pob.cool, its a browser version of pob, it "works" on ipad in the most technical sense of the word "works". If you put a gun to my head and forced me to use an Ipad for POB though I would rent a low cost windows server somewhere, remote into it and run pob there, but depending on your budget and/or know how that might not be an option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info