[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Hi, the build looks really interesting. Great detail. I'm a father so don't have much time to play. I only have time to play one build for each season. Last league, I played a BF/BB chieftain. It was good but boss fights were hard. So I was looking for a build that let me concentrate more on boss mechanics. Your build really looks nice for that. Trying to figure out which ascendancy to play. I'm not a player who can dodge all the boss abilities or super careful so most of the time I'm more comfortable with safe builds. I need advice on which ascendancy to choose.
"
Beastrider2k4 wrote:
"
Mikha_el wrote:
hey there,
thanks for the build! Im considering trying this build for 3.14. really dont like totems but Im rdy to change my opinion :-)
one question though: is it possible to do all Mavens special invitations, especially Feared and hidden?

yes. did all encouter and challenges on this char in 3.13.

Which ascendency did you play with?
"
leolo wrote:
Hi, the build looks really interesting. Great detail. I'm a father so don't have much time to play. I only have time to play one build for each season. Last league, I played a BF/BB chieftain. It was good but boss fights were hard. So I was looking for a build that let me concentrate more on boss mechanics. Your build really looks nice for that. Trying to figure out which ascendancy to play. I'm not a player who can dodge all the boss abilities or super careful so most of the time I'm more comfortable with safe builds. I need advice on which ascendancy to choose.

Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in the build.

Base on what you have said, I would highly recommend going for the Hierophant Ascendancy.

Hierophant has everything laid down in the guide, ready to be used and referenced(Unless there are major changes/nerfs to the Ascendancy).

Other than this, in GGG's Ultimatum Content Reveal yesterday, I spotted a nerf which affects Non Hiero Classes so I would not recommend any Non Hiero Classes for now unless one is willing to sacrifice a bit to go around the nerf.

I will write more about the nerf in my "[3.14] Initial Thoughts/Comments" Section later.

Regards
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Apr 9, 2021, 1:04:43 PM
"
leolo wrote:
"
Beastrider2k4 wrote:
"
Mikha_el wrote:
hey there,
thanks for the build! Im considering trying this build for 3.14. really dont like totems but Im rdy to change my opinion :-)
one question though: is it possible to do all Mavens special invitations, especially Feared and hidden?

yes. did all encouter and challenges on this char in 3.13.

Which ascendency did you play with?

I played the Hierophant Ascendancy.
Last edited by Beastrider2k4 on Apr 9, 2021, 12:57:43 PM
"
Vei wrote:
"
leolo wrote:

Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in the build.

Base on what you have said, I would highly recommend going for the Hierophant Ascendancy.

Hierophant has everything laid down in the guide, ready to be used and referenced(Unless there are major changes/nerfs to the Ascendancy).

Other than this, in GGG's Ultimatum Content Reveal yesterday, I spotted a nerf which affects Non Hiero Classes so I would not recommend any Non Hiero Classes for now unless one is willing to sacrifice a bit to go around the nerf.

I will write more about the nerf in my "[3.14] Initial Thoughts/Comments" Section later.

Regards

Thank you very much. Now I will study your guide till launch :)
Hi there
I have a question.
We have Avatar of Fire (50% dmg convert to fire dmg) and Frostferno (socked gem support by cold to fire, 50% cold dmg convert to fire dmg).
Why we still need "Combat focus, Crimson Jewel" to avoid choose cold?
Does the above mechanism have converted 100% cold dmg to fire dmg?

This is my first contact with this build. Maybe this is a stupid question.
Looking forward to 3.14 with your guide. Thank you for your work and more power to you.
"
dennis4607 wrote:
Hi there
I have a question.
We have Avatar of Fire (50% dmg convert to fire dmg) and Frostferno (socked gem support by cold to fire, 50% cold dmg convert to fire dmg).
Why we still need "Combat focus, Crimson Jewel" to avoid choose cold?
Does the above mechanism have converted 100% cold dmg to fire dmg?

This is my first contact with this build. Maybe this is a stupid question.

Hi there,

Although we have 100% Cold Damage Converted to Fire Damage which makes Elemental Hit's Cold does Zero Damage, Cold can still be chosen as a choice(Even if it's Zero Damage). That is why we have to use Combat Focus, Crimson Jewel to prevent Elemental Hit from choosing Cold.

Hope that explains.

"
Nitsujin wrote:
Looking forward to 3.14 with your guide. Thank you for your work and more power to you.

Thank you!

Regarding the 3.14 Nerf to '-X mana cost for non-channeling skills':

I think the Nerf is part of the veiled mod rework, where the crafted version of a veiled mod will always be weaker than the version obtained by unveiling.
This means it's still possible to obtain the -9 mana cost rings by using the newly introduced 'veiled chaos orb' on a ring relatively easy.
Creating endgame rings with the -9 mana cost mod is gonna get more expensive though.
"
209617332 wrote:
Regarding the 3.14 Nerf to '-X mana cost for non-channeling skills':

I think the Nerf is part of the veiled mod rework, where the crafted version of a veiled mod will always be weaker than the version obtained by unveiling.

I have the same sentiment as you also on this.

"
209617332 wrote:
This means it's still possible to obtain the -9 mana cost rings by using the newly introduced 'veiled chaos orb' on a ring relatively easy.
Creating endgame rings with the -9 mana cost mod is gonna get more expensive though.

There isn't any info out yet so I would assume(For now at least) that the '-X mana cost for non-channeling skills' is still locked behind Elreon's Veiled Rings/Amulets. It will definitely be nice if the various Syndicate Named Veil mods can also be obtained from "Veiled Chaos Orbs"

Additional Comments: Base on the reddit link below, which is a summary of the Q&A ZiggyD did with Chris Wilson, it would seem Syndicate Named Veil mods will not be available through "Veiled Chaos Orbs" and "Veiled Chaos Orbs" are also pretty rare.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/mofwzy/some_tidbits_from_the_ziggyd_qa/

Last edited by Vei on Apr 11, 2021, 11:55:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info