[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Cool, looking forward to theorycrafting all this, I'll definitely play Ele Hit totems :-)
"
thomzon wrote:
Cool, looking forward to theorycrafting all this, I'll definitely play Ele Hit totems :-)

Thanks for the support, hopefully the build will still be in a decent shape after 12th Jan. Fingers crossed! :)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
I am still going to start with this build. The 2 totem casting only impacts the end game in my opinion.

The biggest challenge, I think, will be mana (casting 7 totems). I will most likely not run Precision and will have to see how allocating Berserk impacts my mana.

I have played the Scion before. It was interesting. Mana Regen was the biggest challenge. I had to carry a mana pot. Mind you that was over a year ago so who knows.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Vei you're awesome! I ran this build when you were still offering advice in the back of the other thread and it was the most fun I've had on a budget. Looking forward to reprising it in the new league. :)
"
thomzon wrote:
Thanks for the analysis Vei, it all then really depends if they add this multiple totem support on normal tree or not. If not, maybe we could gemswap with multiple totem support for mapping ?

What other ascendencies do you think could be as good/better/different then ? Chieftain ? Scion hiero + chieftain ?

Hi. I´ve literally facetanked Shaper at 3.10 with Chieftain https://youtu.be/r1_XMb5rTlc?t=113
Barely played 3.11 and didnt played 3.12 , I might play 3.13 if Chieftain changes are entincing(new league and Atlas changes looks fine to me).
I remember taking my tree on pob and just changing the starting point and class to Ascendant (I think it was Chief/Slayer or Chief/Raider) and the damage output was even higher but then I have to manage loosing free 100 fire res , but Ascendant should be totally viable anyway and probably as usual the ceiling could be higher when you have insane minmax gear.

Glad this build are taking some of my build ideas ,especially Rage/Beserk combo , not using that was crazy IMHO.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
"
Farandine wrote:
Vei you're awesome! I ran this build when you were still offering advice in the back of the other thread and it was the most fun I've had on a budget. Looking forward to reprising it in the new league. :)

Hi Farandine,

Thank you so much and Welcome to the new thread!

Awesome to hear that you had lots of fun with the build. :)

Thank you for choosing this build again for Ritual! Hope you have even more fun with it this league ^_^

"
Ahewaz wrote:
I am still going to start with this build. The 2 totem casting only impacts the end game in my opinion.

The biggest challenge, I think, will be mana (casting 7 totems). I will most likely not run Precision and will have to see how allocating Berserk impacts my mana.

I have played the Scion before. It was interesting. Mana Regen was the biggest challenge. I had to carry a mana pot. Mind you that was over a year ago so who knows.

I have a Scion myself and with 2x "Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana Cost", I have no problems with the mana placing my 6 totems, unless I hold down the button and don't release it. So as long we go for this setup, mana will be fine.

Before getting the 2x "Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana Cost" though, that will be a period where we will have mana issues. I wrote a bit about the possible options in the following post.

Last edited by Vei on Jan 9, 2021, 10:46:37 AM
So, since Mana will be an issue if everything stays the same as now, I am putting this here for references on possible options to solve it. It's kind of a draft for now, will integrate into the guide in the future if needed.

The below scenarios are assuming we have Chainbreaker Keystone, Grace and Summon Skitterbot turned on and 100% Mana Regeneration from the Hiero Ascendancy Tree.

Before taking Chainbreaker

I tested placing 7 sets of totems and it seems like with 100% Mana Regeneration from the Ascendancy Tree, it will be just kind of Ok, which means the 2 Small Passives that provides 40% Mana Regeneration from the 4th Lab will be important. Before we have access to the 4th Lab, we can look for some Mana Regeneration(The more the better ofc) from Rare Rings to stand in for the 40%.

Mana Issues After taking Chainbreaker

There are basically 3 options to solve this:

1. Using Mana Flask

Using an Enduring Prefix Mana Flask, ideally the ones with longer duration, so it has more uptime, e.g. Enduring Eternal Mana Flask

This takes 1 Flask Slot and if one doesn't mind pressing it constantly then it's a good solution.

2. Utilizing "Non-Channelling Skills have -* to Total Mana Cost" affix

Sources
- Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana Cost Bench Craft(On Rings/Amulet)
- Non-Channelling Skills have -8 to Total Mana Cost Xopec Affix(From Incursion) These are rolled naturally on the rings
- Replica Conqueror's Efficiency Unique Jewel(Grants -9)

The problem with this solution is that we might not have access to them early. The band aid for this will be either to use the Mana Flask in Point 1 or Clarity Gem in point 3 until we have access to these.

3. Using a Clarity Gem(Temporary Solution since we have limited Gem Slots)

Possible Ways to use the Clarity Gem will be:
- Turning off Grace(Or Skitterbot), and use Clarity, could go with Vitality too if there is enough unreserved Mana
- If turning off Grace/Skitterbot isn't an option, then we can link Clarity with Blood Magic so it reserves our Life instead. This uses 2 Gem socket so it will be up to individual to determine which Gems to swap out for this setup.

Note that without any "Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana Cost" craft, a level 20 Clarify will kind of barely make it, just to give a rough idea.

Hi guys, i'm very interesting in this build, and following the thread for a while.
I know we need to wait until patch notes to have a clear ideia in what is better or not but have a question..

What is the diference betwen the chieftain and the scion version ? have PoB of scion version ? And the scion version is viable league starter ?

Very curious to see that, I like alot to play with scion.

Thx :)
How do you prevent stun?

And is there an way to recover health other than potion?
Last edited by decliff on Jan 9, 2021, 5:32:06 PM
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info