[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

(my english is not good, I use google translation)
Hi Vei! I really thank you for this amazing project ... I've been following it for a long time, I like all the builds around Quill Rain from: Explosive arrow, Scourge Arrow, Lightning ar, Tornado ...
What do you think if you use Skin of the loyal +4 lv (with 2 implit +1 socket, +1 projec / aoe) and rare helm with -9% resis?
I replaced Skin of the loyal +4 lv (add empower 4 and barrage / slow projectiles) and rare helm good mod on Ahewaz's build ... dps result increased from 1.3m to 2m with barrage ...
I am wondering how to start the league with Hiero or Raider ...
If playing Raider, what do you think if I use Explosive Arrow until I have enough core items (Frostferno, 2 combat jewel and Lethal jewel)
Last edited by Banhmithitzz on Jan 13, 2021, 2:11:04 AM
Actually you can scale Explosive Arrow "almost" as good as Elemental Hit.
Clear might be even better due to explosions.

As for the skin of the loyal - this probably depends on the money you have.

On helment you can easily get +8 to gem levels, and with lvl 30 cold to fire i doubt you will get better results in the chest ? You would have to do the math in PoB.

This league getting corruption in theory should be easier due to the region passive trees. And getting a good one is easy - Elemental hit have so many tags.

In my calculations (on paper) Raider should outclass hiero by at least 30-40% in terms of damage. And the defensive layers on raider this league should be 2 classes higher than Hiero.

So for me the only question is how to level Raider. Probably some bow skill until level 60, 3 ascendancies and then switch to totems.
Last edited by bartpio on Jan 13, 2021, 3:31:29 AM
Also couple of hints/reminders for everyone - quill rain is easily obtainable after couple of days. 6 socket and corrupt it. Might get something nice like this :

Remember that you can also craft crit chance on non-unique flasks.

And remember about the burning mod on gloves. This is one of the largest cheap upgrades you can get.

(just in case for non believers - items above - including frostferno are from Heist flashback. Self found or bought and crafted. I did not buy any of theese as they are)
Last edited by bartpio on Jan 13, 2021, 3:38:57 AM
"
bartpio wrote:
Actually you can scale Explosive Arrow "almost" as good as Elemental Hit.
Clear might be even better due to explosions.

As for the skin of the loyal - this probably depends on the money you have.

On helment you can easily get +8 to gem levels, and with lvl 30 cold to fire i doubt you will get better results in the chest ? You would have to do the math in PoB.

This league getting corruption in theory should be easier due to the region passive trees. And getting a good one is easy - Elemental hit have so many tags.

In my calculations (on paper) Raider should outclass hiero by at least 30-40% in terms of damage. And the defensive layers on raider this league should be 2 classes higher than Hiero.

So for me the only question is how to level Raider. Probably some bow skill until level 60, 3 ascendancies and then switch to totems.

I also think raider will be better than hiero in 3.13 this both manual and manual ... living with Raider will be easier with bow skill (like burning arrow)
Yeah I'm slowly settling on Raider, never played it while Scion and Hiero I have already done, and the full evasion + speed should feel pretty good. Also I'm very looking forward to perma phasing & ailments immunity.

Only question left is how to level it. I think Vei's strategy will work, but I'm not sure it's the easiest/smoothest one. But I have never levelled a bow character so I'm hesitant to try it and fail miserably :-)

If anyone has some good advice on levelling as bow Raider (what skills, what gear to prioritize), that would be amazing.
Never leveled a Raider, but lets theory craft.

Quill Rain gives you a lot of attack speed. Tree buffs generic bow attack with elemental damage.

So split arrow/Toxic rain/caustic arrow should be good only for like first 20 levels.

Probably first 2 ascendancies will go towards onslaught - even more attack speed. LMP/GMP to clear, barrage support for bosses.

With quill rain i think any Elemental bow skill should work. We will probably be doing like 15 hits per second on bosses, so it should be a breeze.

Good thing that as a league start you will not have to worry a lot about gems. With 4 link you will probably use skill, LMP/Barrage, ele dmg with hits and one more. Slap Herald of Ash/hatred and Avatar of fire on top of it and it should send you through acts quickly.

With good flask choices and wind dancer/Acro i think we might be unkillable.

The flame totems would work, but it might take a lot longer. Personally i will try to stick with bow attacks to utilise leveling speed as much as possible.

I will probably do a test run today/tomorrow - so i should be able to tell more then.
Cool, interesting to know the results.

Also you seem confident you'll get a quill rain very fast, is it dirt cheap right at the start of the league ?
Oh my god. Just had a breif moment of gotcha.

This does not impact us, but might be usefull in leveling.

"
Now allows you to place an additional totem at gem level 11, and again at gem level 22.
"

it does not state +1 maximum totems. You can place an additional totem.
If i read it right it might mean place 3 totems at once at gem level 22.

We do not use ballista gems, only support - so it does not apply to ele hit. But Siege Ballista/Iron Commander/Raider looks might be more OP than before :)

Hey there,

I played OneShotKills Version "back in the day" and really liked it, so Ive been thinking on how to start with this build. However, I am someone who aims to be lvl 90 on day 2 so I need to be more on the zoomy side.

At first I thought about going Scion but early game is really slow, and the more I play around in PoB (and thinking of the Maven Arena), the better Raider looks! Only minimal DPS loss per Totem (like what, 100k?) compared to Scion, and thats before 3.13 changes plus permanent Onslaught, Phasing and oh my god the Evade and Dodge Chance.

So my thoughts on leveling as Ranger, after trying a "quick" (1 hr 30 mins Dominus, no lab) Act 3 run:

I would not count on Quill Rain while leveling. CA/TR carried all the way, so probably good till A4/5. I rushed the Farsight and Heavy Draw Notables for that little bit of DoT increase.

Going further, my Plan is to switch to Ballistas (either the Support or Shrapnel/Siege Ballista, since they got additional Totems on the Gem now) with a Rare Bow, take the respective passives (Watchtowers, Panopticon) and that should carry me until maps/combat focus jewels. I guess I will to another test run later today to check the viability of this approach.
Last edited by arctuz51 on Jan 13, 2021, 6:11:40 AM
"
arctuz51 wrote:
I rushed the Farsight and Heavy Draw Notables for that little bit of DoT increase.

I assume if going for EH+Quill, those notables would be temporary at best? They don't seem to give much for EH build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info