Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

"
exsea wrote:

"
arandan wrote:
I cannot fathom how anyone could even get past timelines in this game, I almost fell asleep after ~1hour of rushing the same handful of objectives in what is essentially a 'mapping' system that is even more bare bones than vanilla poe.

It's as if they looked at all the progress poe has made in endgame over the past ~5 years and decided to ignore ALL OF IT.

as for rushing the same objectives.

how different is it from poe?

every league i have to re-unlock 131 maps. i need to run roughly 50-100 witnessed maps to attempt maven. i need to run 24 maps for eater/exarch respectively. i need to run a minimum of 32 maps to get uber elder/shaper. run special witnessed maps to unlock the last few atlas points.

Here's the thing, you don't really have to do all of those things per se.
Delve could be your whole endgame, heist could be your whole endgame, sanctum could be your whole endgame.
You are not locked into doing the same boring, repetitive crap ad infinitum.

"
exsea wrote:
the game is fairly new, they have a lot of catching up to do. thats granted.

No, it's not granted.
Game development has progressed a lot since late 2000s. They've had a lot of data to learn from and chose to ignore pretty much all of it and launch in bare bones endgame state. D4 made the same mistake and both are going to pay for it in the long run.

This issue is even more amplified by the vast increase in how modern gamers consume content. It is much easier to gain access to guides that pretty much hold your hand throughout the whole process and your average joe is going to gravitate towards that.
"
arandan wrote:

Here's the thing, you don't really have to do all of those things per se.
Delve could be your whole endgame, heist could be your whole endgame, sanctum could be your whole endgame.
You are not locked into doing the same boring, repetitive crap ad infinitum.

when did we actually get delve, heist and sanctum? its quite late into poe's development no?

"
exsea wrote:
the game is fairly new, they have a lot of catching up to do. thats granted.
"
arandan wrote:

No, it's not granted.
Game development has progressed a lot since late 2000s. They've had a lot of data to learn from and chose to ignore pretty much all of it and launch in bare bones endgame state. D4 made the same mistake and both are going to pay for it in the long run.

This issue is even more amplified by the vast increase in how modern gamers consume content. It is much easier to gain access to guides that pretty much hold your hand throughout the whole process and your average joe is going to gravitate towards that.

for sure. but they officially released 1.0 just this year. this is their first year.

even tho they have a lot of things already figured out, like the systems etc, bare in mind they still needed to develop the game itself. the graphics etc.

dont forget that back when POE released, D3 was nowhere in sight. everyone was starved for a new diablo title and had nothing. the next best thing was titan quest. so when poe dropped people flocked to the game like zombies and threw their support in droves.

does LE have that same level of draw? LE has to complete with the behemoth called POE. D4 is on the opposite end of the spectrum. there's also grimdawn. people are more likely to just purchase LE and not continue to buy any more MTXs.

to simply put LE side by side with POE is really an unfair comparison.

its like people forgot how POE got to where it is right now.

and as much as people hate it. a huge reason why POE got so big was thanks to tencent.
[Removed by Support]
Yikes, game is in pretty bad shape right now
not as bad as D4 tho, but tbf that's hard to beat even for newcomer devs
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
I am not sure how they manage to make the game more and more buggy
Super ambitious, passionate fans of an existing revolutionary but flawed ARPG who are essentially game development amateurs, that's how.

Sound familiar?
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Feels like I need to repeat this every time my game freezes so hard I need to reset my PC from the button
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jul 13, 2024, 12:06:53 PM
That's it for me this season. The harbinger bosses are complete bullcrap. Harbinger of Fear in particular is ridiculous. I don't feel like replaying the fight dozens of times because he just quickly two-shots me with 0.1 second to react between attacks. If someone wants to play Dark Souls where you dodge 90% of the time and attack 10% - be my guest
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jul 17, 2024, 6:47:36 PM
Just picture this - the boss covers the ground with lightning pools immediately, way worse than Shaper's pools. If one of them hits you, chances are it'll stun you and open you up for an attack (stun immunity is nigh impossible to achieve in this game). Meanwhile, he activates the tri-beam and forces you to run around in a circle for a bit. While avoiding the lightning pools because getting hit by them can stun you and insta kill you via the beam. And, of course, during all this the boss has free reign to attack you. My favorite attack gotta be the dash one which is nearly impossible to dodge unless you predict it or are running at an angle (won't be happening if the beams are activated).

So, a 10% window to attack him might be a tad generous. And with the new change the boss simply refills his bar three times during the fight. This is on top of an already beefy health pool.

Of course, if you die once you need to redo the entire fight. A pity, because allowing you to die 2-3 times might have actually made the fight enjoyable. As it is, you just do it over and over and over again until you get lucky. I don't think tanking up would actually help considering the extreme damage of the beams and how stun works (stacking ward won't do shit since stun chance is HP based).
Never played but heard a lot about how you would rate this game compared to POE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info