[3.12] THE SHARD STORM, Cold Snap / Ice Spear Occultist Build (Algor Mortis)

Yes, that would be nice. Could you add some simple levelling guide too? Just a brief note on which talents I should focus on while levelling would suffice. @joaojoker person above me summed my question up well. Thanks!
Last edited by Radmar on Sep 24, 2020, 12:11:45 PM
Okay, there's finally a section on leveling! It will be out of date soon when PoB finally updates the tree, but for now it should be fine and I'll come back and fix it when I can.

I've also updated the gear and enchantment sections to be up to date with the current patch. Enjoy!
Last edited by DireLuck on Sep 24, 2020, 3:19:17 PM
Thoughts on putting Cast on Damage Taken with Arcane Cloak rather than Ice Nova? I've been using it and I just feel a little safer, in situations I forget to press Arcane Cloak. That said, I'm still leveling and not good at the game.
This is really nice build, i have heavily modified version only 3 life, reserved with blood magic=clarity and discipline (gives nice ES boost because of ivory tower chest). 10K ES (with little modify i have 12K) and 63% chaos res, others capped. Weapons are void battery*2, so it is dual wield.

Here is link to pictures... https://photos.app.goo.gl/cDoVPP7NGC9duWfa9

Those cluster jewels have prismatic heart, doryani's lesson (small passives add elemental damage and litte bit life regen, but with zealot passive it will convert to ES regen) and that small jewel have mystical ward (small passives add str, cold res). Amulet has tranquility enchant. Finally those rare "basic" jewels add some crit multiplier, stats, spell damage... or what ever needed, tested this build with dozens of variations and this is what it is for now...
Last edited by JerryWires on Oct 11, 2020, 4:33:45 PM
"
Thoughts on putting Cast on Damage Taken with Arcane Cloak rather than Ice Nova? I've been using it and I just feel a little safer, in situations I forget to press Arcane Cloak. That said, I'm still leveling and not good at the game.

I prefer to have Arcane Cloak as a spell that I can cast-at-will, that way I can preemptively protect myself from one-shots or use it as a damage boost. I could see it working tho, so you do you :)
"
JerryWires wrote:
This is really nice build, i have heavily modified version only 3 life, reserved with blood magic=clarity and discipline (gives nice ES boost because of ivory tower chest). 10K ES (with little modify i have 12K) and 63% chaos res, others capped. Weapons are void battery*2, so it is dual wield.

Here is link to pictures... https://photos.app.goo.gl/cDoVPP7NGC9duWfa9

Those cluster jewels have prismatic heart, doryani's lesson (small passives add elemental damage and litte bit life regen, but with zealot passive it will convert to ES regen) and that small jewel have mystical ward (small passives add str, cold res). Amulet has tranquility enchant. Finally those rare "basic" jewels add some crit multiplier, stats, spell damage... or what ever needed, tested this build with dozens of variations and this is what it is for now...

Wow that looks great! I'm too much of a chicken to go down to that low of a life total, but the way you did it makes it look really attractive. Thanks for enjoying the build!
Hey really enjoying the build but I'm wondering what stats to look for on non-uniques such as waist/boots/possibly ring. What are you using?
"
Charmflash wrote:
Hey really enjoying the build but I'm wondering what stats to look for on non-uniques such as waist/boots/possibly ring. What are you using?

I don't have any good gear to link because I've not been as active this season, but in general you want to prioritize getting enough Strength/Dexterity to wear all of the gear, and then whatever combo of elemental resistances you need to reach the cap of 75% (and preferably a bit more than that)

After getting those things taken care of stats you want to look for are:

Maximum mana
Mana per Kill
Intelligence
Maximum Energy shield

and then whatever Chaos resist you can cobble together is nice, just so that you don't have a terrible negative resist rating

For the boots try to get a +X to Level of Socketed Cold Gems, and for the belt aim to get a good roll on a Crystal Belt. Here are the belt and boots that I was using most recently. Neither of them are perfect, but they did the job well enough.

Last edited by DireLuck on Nov 17, 2020, 6:04:36 PM
Oh and looking at the stats on my gear reminded me about alternate quality gems, so I'll make a section for those soon. I think the best ones should be fairly obvious, but it doesn't hurt to be through in the guide and let people know what they should be looking for.

Edit: Okay so I've gone and added that to the guide. It's in the new section below the section for Bandits, Enchantments, and Clusters. I was originally going to add it to that tab as well, but I felt that was too many spoiler tags within spoiler tags.
Last edited by DireLuck on Nov 17, 2020, 10:09:29 PM
Thanks for the fast reply, Im not done adjusting my build but its getting there.
I also have more sockets to use than what you linked, what would you recommend to use? This is my gear - I have emulated some of JerryWires' build

Spoiler

Also would you still recommend the Call of the Brotherhood ring with Archmage dealing mostly cold damage in Alternate Quality form? I could use an unset ring for clarity to free up some buffs for Stone Golem...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info