Suggestion to fix the "level 100 vs 2 level" Permanent Cutthroat League problem.

So its prob. pretty well known that a permanent cutthroat league wont work well if the instance system is not changed. People who are in merciless or cruel should not really be allowed to go in act 1 normal terraces forexample.

When you enter terraces you would be either level 1 or 2.. depending on whether or not u rushed Hillock.

Obviously a player who is 1 or 2 should be allowed to enter terraces.

But what about someone in level 3? 4? 5? Should they be able to run around in terraces to kill people who are level 1 or 2?

No they should not.

My suggestion in this: When you level up to 3 in terraces, you will stay in that instance of terraces as long as you like, but when you leave this specific instance you cannot return... However i,ve noticed 2 problems with this suggestion.

Quest Zones and town portals.

Since a player in level 60 would prob. like to kill deep dweller, not caring if it is in normal or merciless, something needs to be done to these zones so that a player is not restricted from doing the quest because their level is too high.

I have 1 suggestions to solve this:

The first one is boring.. but would solve the problem: All optional quests such as fetid pool, medicine chest and dweller dont have PvP enabled at all. This means the player can enter this zone even if they are level 100... However this now results in another problem:

If you want to do Tidal Island as a level 60 in normal because you skipped it for some reason.. you haft to move through mud flats and terraces.

Since the problem with optional quests cant be solved if you are restricted to the zones that you need to go through to get to your quest, and since the restriction to these zones are important to prevent insane OP spawnkilling, I have another suggestion that involves being unable to deal damage or take damage from enemy players if you are overleveled.

However.. It would seem a bit weird that because someone is just level 3, a level 2 cant attack him?

However, because I suggested the original idea with being Terraces (When you level up to 3 in Terraces, you stay in that instance of Terraces as long as you would like.. but when you leave you cant return.

So I quess to solve it completely, you would haft to combine them like this:

You level to 3 in normal Terraces... everything is the same as before. You can do whatever you want in that one instance of terraces.. even kill players who are level 1 and 2.

However, when you leave, you can STILL RETURN.. BUT when you return/make a new instance of Terraces, you cannot deal or take damage from enemy players at all.. allowing you to move through terraces and farm mobs. (One thing that needs to be restricted is picking up items from slain players... who were slain by players who were not in "restricted mode" in Terraces.

You can go enter Tidal Island aswell. (I know this place is level 3... its just the concept... Imagine if u were level 4 and wanted to go to Tidal Island then.)

You can also run around and spectate other people who PvP without being able to kill them or get killed by them... or pick up their items when they die.

It also prevents issues from being unable to farm because you are not strong enough to a certain zone... you can just go back.. you just wont be able to kill other players...

But then a new problem turned up: How does this system work with partying?

Suggestions are welcome to this.. I cant really come up with a good idea to solve this one. I cant come up with idea for town portals either since ur party members can use those... and it just makes it soo damn complicated and confusing to me.

I do know that some of you guys just wants the league to be a harsh as possible... you like the risk of doing terraces even though a level 100 can show up and kill you... however its not just normal terraces... its EVERYWHERE.. with the exception of late endgame maps... It ruins the balance way too much.

However... I also understand that some of you guys dont even want this league to be balanced at all... However I,ve heard that these are some of the problems that GGG have ATM.
Edit: Just forgot to mention this:

If you farm terraces for like.. level 5? You would just be restricted in zones that are anything below 5 if you want to move on.

Anyways hoping for feedback and other suggestions.
Another thing i,ve noticed is that in low level PvP, some single player will often be the one who is the reason for victory on his team... you might wonder what this has do with Cutthroat?

If I get into a 3vs3 game where people are only lower levels or worse than me I tend to just stand still and not fight... Because the fight balances out better if I do this. As it is now.. you could have a team of Hexaste, Brand and its_a_trap on one team... and 3 low level 16 witches who just tried the game for the first time... This is not balanced. (With that said, you should prob. only play the low lvl PvP if its a goal in the game for you.)

So what this has to with cutthroat is that I am standing still not doing anything... pretending that I am in this mode where I cant deal or take damage from other players. Because when I do that it gets more balanced.. and this would be the same for Cutthroat.
No feedback for this? :/ If u guys dont like the idea just explain why.
No feedback on this?
really?
he is stating some real helpfull stuff!

good job fireSkull

free bump for the awesome thread ^

PS: come at me cutthroat!
IGN : BGARF / ICYGARF / BAMGARF / PVPGARF / resoGARF / SiphonTrollGarf
low level 28 is balanced imo
u really cant say its not balanced since 3 lvl28s can go against 3 lvl16s
if some1 wants so try it out, they can just pm their friends or w.e to do a 1 v 1
but in most cases, those who decide to pvp tend to be lvl28
-Official creator of the Low Level PvP Thread
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/261543
-Unofficial Path of Exile PvP site
Temporary: http://z13.invisionfree.com/poepvp/index.php?act=idx
Official: http://www.poepvp.dwpu.net/poepvp.html (Not completed)
"
LePvPMaster wrote:
low level 28 is balanced imo
u really cant say its not balanced since 3 lvl28s can go against 3 lvl16s
if some1 wants so try it out, they can just pm their friends or w.e to do a 1 v 1
but in most cases, those who decide to pvp tend to be lvl28

True... But in cutthroat you cant do that. (As it is now.) You will be killed by people who are 10 levels higher than you and you cant do anything about it. You dont get the option to improve on the character before a high lvl has destroyed it. (With the exception of the first 10-20 minuttes when the league starts.) Those who start 20 minutes too late can get spawnkilled by people who aleready reached ledge-brutus.

Its basically as bad as if the PvP arena we have now was cutthroat... All people in lvl 16 who join will get OP spawnkilled. I know that they arent forced to enter the PvP arena, but in Cutthroat they will be FORCED to fight a player who is 10 or maybe more levels higher than themselves. (And get destroyed as bad as the people in level 16 who joins PvP... And in this case it doesnt really matter what level you are in... with the exception of max levels in the game.)

Forexample the PvP level 28 chars we have now could get Spawnkilled by a level 60... Just isnt fair in any way.
Just make a timer of pvp invulnerability based on the level difference. If there is a level 60 at hillock the timer would be astronomical. If there is a 30 in a 10 area it could give them 20 seconds or something. Don't have balanced numbers off the top of my head. I feel like this is only important in earlier levels. After level 40 timers shouldn't be existent.

Something along these lines would be a good solution but would still allow high level/low level encounters.

Edit: Just thought of something else that is almost impossible but interesting. An eve like type system where there are higher security areas. Maybe if a high level enters a low level area they are immediately aggro'd by monsters and the monsters are "xx" levels higher than that player. This would even potentially give a lower level player a chance to loot from a high level player =D.
Last edited by Jabram on Mar 27, 2013, 2:18:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info