Dual Strike - Dps bug

As in title, dual strike dps drops when entering new zones or when you die, only way to fix it is to weapon swap or to take weapon off and equip it again.

From further testing its not just tooltip but actual dps is lowered ( yeah Merveil kicked my ass ).

https://imgur.com/a/6Uktvc8
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2020, 9:05:19 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Thanks for the report, I'm looking into it.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Thanks for the report, I'm looking into it.

Some additional information:
I am experiencing this while dual wielding with Perforate.

Active auras are:
Flesh and Stone
Blood and Sand
Dread Banner

When entering a new zone, my damage feels very low. Weapon swapping (and again back to the original set) increases tooltip DPS by almost double.
Good evening,

I am having exactly the same bug - my Dualist Path Dual wielding bonuses stop working either after changing location, or sometimes even at random (noticed it in the middle of the map after fighting off a Delirium Wave).

Used skill: Perforate
Weapon Class: One-Handed Swords
Remedy: Unequip and re-equip offhand weapon
same, everytime I change zone I have to re-equip one of the weapons to fix the dps
same problem

Setup:
Cyclone (infused chan., impale, brutality)
flesh and stone - main
dread banner

Dual wielding swords
I am having this exact same issue with Double Strike, the skill seems to be ignoring one of my weapons. Ill change zones, and the dps will be significantly lower until i swap my weapons between hands.
I've narrowed this down somewhat. When you first enter an area, if both weapons are one-handed swords (excluding thrusting swords), then you aren't being counted as dual wielding until you change weapon types and force a recalculation. None of the dual-weilding bounses, including the inherent more phys damage, will be applying.

Having one of your weapons not be a regular one-handed sword will alleviate the problem until we can get an actual fix. Thrusting swords (rapiers, etc) will work for this while still benefitting from sword bonuses and being able to use all the same skills. Otherwise, as already identified, doing something that changes either weapon type should force an update, and it should correctly stay updated for the whole instance.

I haven't yet fully identified how this started happening, although part of it is that One-Handed Swords were the first ever weapons in PoE, and thus have index zero in the list of weapon types. That's not new, though, so shouldn't be causing this new behaviour.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 13, 2020, 9:08:08 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
...Thrusting swords (rapiers, etc) will work for this while still benefitting from sword bonuses and being able to use all the same skills...

Can confirm, just found a nice Rapier in my offhand and now the dualwield bonuses stay consistent between the levels.

And huge kudos for staying up late supporting us folks who just like some dualwieldin' :) Greatly appreciated!
I've got a fix for this working locally, it will be deployed in an upcoming patch. Until then, my previous post details ways you can work around the problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info